Yuuna Akashi is a character from the Mahou Sensei Negima anime and manga.
Of the entire class, Yuna is probably most qualified for the title of "Genki Girl" — mischievous and enthusiastic, her charisma translates into her constant role as ringleader of the class's hijinks. Her physical abilities are quite high, but despite being the daughter of a magic teacher she's in the dark about magic, most likely because she's too busy lusting over him to worry about his job. She is not a formal member of Ala Alba, but instead later gets wrapped up in their shenanigans.
In the AWA fics, Yuuna is a student at the AWA Academy.
Yuuna has a short brown hair tied in sidetail, and has brown eyes. She usually wears her Mahora Academy uniform.
Yuna is an athletic girl who plays basketball and is often seen together with Makie, Ako, and Akira (i.e. the sports clubs group). Yuna is the most mischievous one amongst the sports girls. She has a weakness for strange products from a TV shopping channel (the show is on during class time, but since she can't stand to miss it, she tapes it).
Yuna is also distinguishable for her easygoing, laid-back demeanor, which allows her to maintain a cool attitude -- even when learning the truth behind her mother's death and her parent's identity as mages. However, she appears to contain darker, more conflicted feelings underneath the surface. She is notorious for her "Electra complex", which suggests she has a borderline-romantic obsession with her dad. She becomes jealous and clingy whenever her father is seen with another woman (such as Donet McGuiness) and jokingly tells him that she wishes to become his bride. The two have a close relationship, and Yuna goes to great lengths to care for her father, who does little to look after himself.
- Magical Abilities: Like Konoka, Yuna was born a mage like both of her parents and like Konoka her mage orgins were kept secret from her. She's also capable with using magical guns without nearby sources (i.e. a charged-up World Tree). While in the Magic World, Yuna and Makie also began to learn magic spells as well.
- Marksmanship: Though not as high as Mana, Yuna showed reasonably good accuracy with a pair of magic-based handguns during the 'Mages vs. Mars' festival event. This is most likely due to her involvement in Mahora's basketball club.
- Pactio: Strenuus Arcarius (literally, "Vigorous Stooter"): Yuna becomes Negi's fourteenth provisional partner. Her artifact is called Iris Tormentum. It appears to be a magic gun similar to the one she used during the final event of MahoraFest and a BIG semi-automatic pistol. Its special abilities are not fully known, but it appears to have attacks of varying effects:
- Spirit Transformation Canceling Bullet: As the name suggests, the ability is used to suppress the alternate form of a beastfolk. Yuna first used this against Homura.
- Magic Suppression Bullet: Upon hitting the target, this ability stops the use of all magic for 3 minutes per successful hit. Includes magic used to enhance physical abilities. First used against Negi.
- A note written by Ken Akamatsu reads "huge chest" by her picture in Volume 16's character notes. This is followed up after the festival, where Yuna is shown worrying about her breasts growing larger and the sports girls questioning her after she fills out a new swimsuit rather easily.
- She and Konoka Konoe share a background of being from a family of mages, but having this fact hidden from them and knowing nothing of magic.
- Yuna's surname, Akashi, comes from the Japanese city of the same name in Hyogo prefecture.
- The name of Yuna's deceased mother, Yuko, was the "working" name that Yuna had back when the characters of Negima were being created.