Yuri Tsukikage, also known as Cure Moonlight, is one of the main characters from the Heartcatch Pretty Cure! anime.
The former Cure Moonlight, who was defeated and brought down to normal by Dark Pretty Cure before the events of the series. Though quiet, mature and intellectual, she harbours a deep sadness within her heart, unable to forgive herself for her past failures. She eventually regains her resolve to fight and becomes Cure Moonlight once more.
In the XP4 fics, Yuri debuted in XP4 Heroes Coalition - Kick-Off!.
In the AWA fics, Yuri is listed as a purchased slave from the Slave Fortress but is later rescued.
Yuri has pale skin and waist-length dark purple hair and similiar colored eyes hidden behind oval-shaped glasses. Her bangs are brushed to the left, with the remainder pulled back by an amethyst clip. She has locks of hair worn over her left shoulder.
Casually she wears a dull violet top beneath a silver jacket with elbow-length sleeves and a single button at the chest. She pairs this with denim capri, a brown belt, and white flats. For the movie she wore a lilac button up with a dark brown belt on the navel, an indigo trenchcoat, dark blue denim pants, and pale brown boots.
As Cure Moonlight her eyes become a vibrant turquoise while her hair turns lavender and grows to her knees. Her bangs grow and appear pointed, partially covering her eyes, and she grows forelocks surpassing her waist. She wears a midnight blue floral hair ornament and matching earrings, along with a black choker. Her dress is vastly different from the other Cures, consisting of a pale silver flowing dress with the skirt hiked up at the middle and layered by indigo fabric. White ruffles are on the chest, which is lined with black silk ribbon and tied into a bow on the navel. The white ruffled sleeved are layered, and she gains a matching piece on her left wrist, held by a black ribbon. On the corner of her chest is a turquoise gem heart on a silver base. On her right hand is an indigo opera glove. She also gains silver boots with black ribbon.
Yuri is calm and composed, well known for her cool attitude and her frequently chart topping exam scores at school. She cares for little and was cold towards Tsubomi and Erika initially. After losing Cologne she became quiet and withdrawn, fearful of causing others to feel burdened by her, or risk losing someone else she cherishes. She believed it would be impossible for her to become a Pretty Cure again and was deeply saddened.
Before this happened, she was shown to be overly confident and bold. She wouldn't listen to Cologne when she believed she didn't need a partner for help.
Her true personality is one of content and maturity. She can be stubborn when she sets her mind to something and began to open up as she spent more time with the group. She shows a more friendly side to herself by this point.
Yuri is a member of the Heroes Coalitions and is part of the Multiverse's Cutest Team. She also attends the Vanguard Academy as a student.
XP4 Heroes Coalition - Kick-Off!
In Chapter 13, Yuri, alongside her team, the Multiverse's Cutest Team, made their presence in front of a group of Battle Creek Zealots at a temple-like fortress in a snowy mountain somewhere in Neo-Earth. The two sides clashes but the team overpowers the Zealots, causing the red & blue armored men to flee. After that, Yuri and the others were ordered to remain in standby which they complied.
Cure Moonlight (Kyua Mūnraito) is the Cure that Yuri transforms into. As the sole protector of the Tree of Hearts in the past, Cure Moonlight is said to be the "The Legendary Warrior" Pretty Cure by Sabaku. Cure Moonlight is also the strongest Pretty Cure said by Tsubomi. Cure Moonlight is capable of fighting with martial arts and use the attack Floral Power Fortissimo, which Cure Blossom and Cure Marine can only do together, and also use it for further use than purification. She is capable to fight evenly against Dark Cure, who is considered Sabaku's right hand. Along with this, she can use the attack Silver Forte Wave, and a solo version of Floral Power Fortissimo, as well as Floral Power Fortissimo with Cure Sunshine. Moonlight also performs Floral Power Fortissimo with Cure Blossom during the final battle against Dune. Later on in the series, she becomes Heartcatch Pretty Cure Super Silhouette along with Cure Blossom, Cure Marine, and Cure Sunshine is episode 38. In this form, they can use the group finisher, Heartcatch Orchestra.
When Cure Moonlight's Pretty Cure Seed is destroyed, she lost her power to transform. She can still fight using auxillary attacks, though it drains her energy since she cannot transform. She then recovered her powers to transform thanks to the Tree of Hearts and uses the lid of the Heart Pot to transform. Like the others Cure Moonlight can gain access to a cape which allows her to fly. However unlike the other Cures she gains hers by hitting her brooch on her outfit, and the Cure's fairies transform into their capes.
- Silver Forte Wave - The finishing attack that Moonlight uses to purify a Desertrian.
- Floral Power Fortissimo - Her single finishing attack, or she uses it with Sunshine or Blossom.
Except for purification attacks (Silver Forte Wave & Floral Power Fortissimo), Cure Moonlight has also offensive attacks on her own for fighting use, some of them are unnamed.
- Moonlight Reflection - Cure Moonlight shoots out silver laser lights with palms, directly toward enemy's attacks, and reflects them back.
- Moonlight Silver Impact - Cure Moonlight concentrates all her powers into her palm and strikes at the enemy; silver light will then shine, and the enemy is knocked away.
Super Cure Moonlight
Super Cure Moonlight (Sūpā Kyua Mūnraito) is the Super Silhouette upgrade Cure Moonlight receives after passing the trial in the Pretty Cure Palace. This form is obtained when the items called Heartcatch Mirage and Super Pretty Cure Seed are used. In this form, she can use the group finisher, Heartcatch Orchestra.
As Super Cure Moonlight, her colors are replaced by lighter shades. Her skirt changes shape to resemble large, pointed petals, while her sleeves turn into wings. She gains wrist accessories that match the other Cures, and she gains aura-like wings in heart shapes, along with slightly modified boots. Instead of her flower accessory she gains a tiara. Her hair is lighter and flows more loosely.
- Yuri's birthday is on May 19. Therefore, her zodiac is Taurus.
- The remaining fragment of Yuri's Pretty Cure Seed resembles a crescent moon, referring to her Cure alter ego, Cure Moonlight.
- Cure Moonlight has sometimes said, "Courage... Love... Friendship... Kindness... Sadness... Happiness..." though it is not common enough to be a catchphrase.
- For the Pretty Cure All Stars DX3 Movie Character Polls held by Toei Animation, Cure Moonlight appeared in the following rankings:
- 4th in "Favorite Pretty Cure"
- 2nd in "The Pretty Cure you want to team up with most"
- 1st in "The Pretty Cure you want to be most"
- In the Pretty Cure All Stars Suite Flower Card Collection, Yuri is represented by the lily, which symbolizes unmatched beauty in the Language of Flowers.
- Yuri appears as Cure Moonlight at the beginning of the fourth episode of Happiness Charge Pretty Cure!.
- In the Heartcatch Pretty Cure novelization, it is revealed that Cure Moonlight named herself after Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata.