Tewi Inaba is a character from the Touhou Project games.
An earth rabbit youkai and leader of the earth rabbits of Eientei. Her explicit power is the ability to bring good luck to people, but usually she's just a prankster.
In the AWA fics, Tewi is a student at the AWA Academy.
When she first appeared in Imperishable Night, she had dark red eyes, black shoulder-length hair, and white fluffy rabbit ears. She is dressed in a frilly, pink nightgown and had nothing on her feet. When she appeared in Phantasmagoria of Flower View, she wore white socks and a carrot necklace.
Her alternative outfit in Phantasmagoria of Flower View was just the same, except her dress is black.
Tewi is a very lighthearted and playful youkai that's known to lie at times. She even tries to scam Aya Shameimaru out of pocket change during Phantasmagoria of Flower View.
Tewi has the ability to grant good luck to those that she meets. She seemed to have also used this power in breaking through the spell Eirin and Kaguya had put over Eientei in order to make a deal with the former.
Tewi has the ability to use a laser attack that traps the enemy between two lasers.
- Unlike Reisen, Tewi's title of "Inaba" is assigned Kanji characters, which refer to the old Inaba Province in the Kansai era. "The White Hare of Inaba" is mentioned in the Kojiki.
- It is said that ordinary animals who live a long time may develop profound magical abilities. Tewi is one of them.
- The "wi" in Tewi is a hiragana that was removed from official Japanese language use by the post-war government in 1954. In present day Japanese, her name is pronounced "Tei". The hiragana "wi" is still used artistically or stylistically as it is here in the case of Tewi (or cf. Nikka Brand Whiskey), and is similar to "thy" or "thou" in English: recognizable and still used, but almost never for official documents. Additionally, since she's at least 1300 years old, she would have received her name centuries before "wi" was legislated out of official use by the government.
- Tewi's spellcard "Ancient Duper" is likely to be based on a story from the Kojiki, The White Hare of Inaba.
- She seems to be much of a prankster, both in fan and official work such as in Inaba of the Moon and Inaba of the Earth and Eastern and Little Nature Deity. The most common victim is Reisen Udongein Inaba. Despite being older than Reisen, she often acts in a childish manner compared to the Moon Rabbit.
- In Inaba of the Moon and Inaba of the Earth, she's depicted as being fond of beer.
- Tewi is the only original midboss character to become a fully playable character.