Skills are a number of combat moves that appear in the PlayStation 2/Wii and PlayStation 3/Xbox 360 versions of Sonic Unleashed. Usable exclusively to Sonic the Werehog, these attacks are powered by the energies from Dark Gaia and can be used by the player to either harm or defend against enemies during the nighttime acts of the game.
In the gameplay of Sonic Unleashed, the player can collect Dark Gaia Force/Chaos Orbs during the course of the game to increase the number of Skills Sonic the Werehog possesses; the more energy/orbs the player collects, the more Skills Sonic obtains. There are several Skills exclusive to certain versions of Sonic Unleashed, as not all of the Skills are present in both versions of the game.
List of Skills
- Were-Hammer: In the PS2/Wii version, this move is instead either a rising uppercut followed by a double ground slap, or a midair double axe-handle. This move is a combination of the Tricky Tornado Uppercut and various amounts of his palm ground slams, and is the first move other than punching Sonic has in the Wii version.
- Were-Claw: Sonic slashes outward with both claws. Stuns foes upon contact and can only be done while running, but also during a dash jump. First special move learned in the game.
- Wild Claw: Unlisted move. Sonic slashes wildly while running.
- Were-Wallop: Sonic swings both arms upward in a scooping fashion to launch foes upward. Can only be performed after a two-attack left-right combo leading with his right arm.
- Beatdown: Sonic, after grabbing an enemy, uses one arm to pound the grasped enemy on the ground, swinging it over his his. Afterwards Sonic then leaps into the air and smashes the foe to the ground in a full frontward somersault throw. Can damage foes around Sonic, though he has a chance of getting interrupted.
- Earthshaker: Same as the 360/PS3 version, only that he shakes the screen during the attack. Can only be done after a four-attack left-right combo leading with his right arm. Last special move learned in the game.
- Wild Whirl: Sonic performs a double wild spin with both arms outstretched. Can only be done from a four-attack left-right combo leading with his left arm. Unlisted move.
- Crescent Moon Strike: Sonic, in a midair combo, follows up by rapidly punching forward, just like the 360/P23 versions, only he instead ends the assault with a backflip kick similar to the Flying Double-Punch Crush. Unlisted move.
- Wereclap: Like the Xbox 360/PS3 version of Sonic Unleashed, Sonic, after doing four punches he will do a large clap. Unlisted move.
- Claw Charge