Miyu Edelfelt is one of the main characters from the Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA anime and manga.
Miyu is a girl that Sapphire contracted when she abandoned Luvia, she quite literally conveniently appeared just when the stick required a person to contract with. Despite her past circumstances prior to meeting Sapphire being a massive question mark, Luvia just rolls with the situation, and takes Miyu into her "service", going as far as giving her the Edelfelt surname. She lives in the Edelfelt mansion (just beside Illya's house), and works for Luvia as a maid / magical girl. Unlike Illya, Miyu is extremely gifted in academics and sports, but has a massive problem interacting with other girls her age. She also has a veryjaded outlook on the world, and shows little of the wonder a girl her age should have.
In the XP4 fics, Miyu debuted in XP4 Heroes Coalition - Kick-Off!.
In the AWA fics, Miyu is a student at the AWA Academy and yet to make an appearance.
Miyu has a shoulder-length black hair tied in low pigtails and has brown eyes. Her clothes varies in the series.
In her magical girl form, she wears a purple & black strapless leotard with black feather-like sash underneath a white cape, purple arm-sleeves with black trims, purple thigh-high socks and white boots.
She takes her duties as a Magical Girl very seriously and is initially dismissive of Illya's abilities, but gradually warms up to Illya. She comes to value Illya's friendship greatly and is highly protective of her. She shows another side of her personality only when she is around her brother, where she behaves like the young girl she actually is.
Miyu is a member of the Heroes Coalitions and is part of the Multiverse's Cutest Team. She also attends the Vanguard Academy as a student.
XP4 Heroes Coalition - Kick-Off!
In Chapter 13, Miyu, alongside her team, the Multiverse's Cutest Team, made their presence in front of a group of Battle Creek Zealots at a temple-like fortress in a snowy mountain somewhere in Neo-Earth. The two sides clashes but the team overpowers the Zealots, causing the red & blue armored men to flee. After that, Miyu and the others were ordered to remain in standby which they complied.
As a Magical Girl, Miyu is able to utilize the Mystic Code Kaleidostick, Sapphire, to tap into mana from parallel worlds and gains virtually unlimited mana. She also can utilize Class Cards; Including them to provide her Heroic Spirit's Noble Phantasm and Installing them to gains Heroic Spirit's abilities.
As the Child of God, she can grant wishes. However, this power seems to have disappeared after she turned 10 years old.
- While Miyu is a brilliant girl, who excels at mathematics, cooking, athletics and can draw based on principles like cubism, which are far beyond the reach of any normal elementary school student, as seen in Broken Bird below, she is also a horribly traumatized girl who suffers from self-esteem issues because of how everyone except Shirou treated her like a tool for summoning the Holy Grail in her past life and furthermore the torture she received when imprisoned by the Ainsworths.
- Miyu is rather upfront about the fact she doesn't bother to remember any of Illya's other friends names, even after she had been hanging out with them for a month or two!.
- Miyu does not have a Fate/stay night counterpart.
- Miyu seemed rather... interested in one of Suzuka's yaoi mangas and spent much of 2wei Herz! Episode 3 reading it, while the other girls were talking about Mimi's out of control perversions.
- Miyu can't actually fly because she has mental hangups properly picturing it. Instead, she solidifies magical energy to momentarily create footholds mid-air that she can repeatedly jump off of.
- Miyu is ridiculously good at almost everything, she aces all her tests at school, bakes a fabulous wedding cake using only basic school kitchen utensils, creates art pieces so incredible her teacher questions how she's supposed to grade them, etc. She's also very powerful both physically and with magic... but she simply can't fly properly unlike Illya or Chloe, which for a Magical Girl is a big hindrance. More humorously, she also can't dance.