Mario Martinez is a character from the XP4 Series of Fanfics.
Mario is a 53 year old man and the father figure of many. Mario holds many connections in and outside Neo-City, and in and outside Neo-Earth and was also known as the Great Wizard.
Mario debuted in the XP4 Heroes Coalition - Neo-City Diaries.
Mario is a short man with a thin dark buzzcut hair, gray eyes and wears round glasses. He wears an opened checkered poloshirt, black pants and red shoes.
Mario is a very positive man, smiling most of the time and serves as a fatherly figure to everyone in the Coalition including Louie. His unique kindness and sincere words has earn him respect and admiration. He enjoys cooking and often serves food for everyone which they enjoy. Mario is very a forgivable man and is fond of giving people second chances, even to criminals.
Mario is the current president of Neo-City's Heroes Coalition and works at the Vanguard Academy as a Student Counselor.
XP4 Heroes Coalition - Neo-City Diaries
In Chapter 10, Mario is seen having a conversation with Danny Antonucci about the Unification Ceremony and the Golden Desire inside the headmaster's office in the Vanguard Academy. Later that night at the academy's auditorium, Mario, alongside Danny, explained to everyone about the origin of the Unification Ceremony. After Kazeyoshi Imai and Faye Bertha Conway were chosen by the Golden Desire as Crown Holders, Mario noticed some wrong with the magical artifact when it shot out a piece of paper with a name on it, much to his and Danny's surprise, Mario then announced that Lazaris Gemstone was also chosen as a Crown Holder, much to everyone's shock.
In Chapter 11, Mario, alongside Danny Antonucci, having a conversation with Lazaris Gemstone in the headmaster's office. They explained to her why she was chosen as a Crown Holder and encourages her to take the position as a way of her in moving forward in life.
In Chapter 15, Mario is seen cooking in the mini-kitchen while Ashley Plutia Iris Heart is sleeping on a table. Then Dr. Michael Pating arrives and told him that the doctor is heading towards New Meridian which he allowed him to. Later, Mario is seen alongside Dr. Pating having a conversation in the mini-kitchen while watching Peacock had a conversation with Squigly, Leviathan and Wesley Bryans when Ashley appears before Dr. Pating with keen interest, much to his discomfort and Mario's amusement.
In Chapter 16, Mario, alongside a few, are seen eating pizza in the mini kitchen at the Training Camp when Chris Pearson and Fabia Sheen joined them. Later, Elise Pearson arrives in the kitchen, he and the others decided to leave the mini kitchen, so Chris and Elise can have a private conversation though he came back to doze Chris awake after Elise's husband fainted when she revealed her status as a government agent to him. After that, Mario and the others came back to the kitchen where Elise announced that she's joining the Heroes Coalitions, Mario then watches the others stop Elise from killing Dan Mandel after the latter made an insulting comment to the former, much to his amusement.
In Chapter 22, Mario is seen walking alongside Esdeath in the hallways of the Training Camp where he told her the flaws about her philosophy which she accepted. Later they arrived in the cafeteria, Mario then witnessed Esdeath reconciling with Bols, Kurome, Run and Wave, much to Mario's joy.
- Mario loves to cook curry.
- Mario is the person who helped Adagio get her singing voice back.
- According to the author, Mario's character is slightly based from himself but mostly based from his father.
- According to XP4Universe, his ideal voice actor for Mario is Hoon Lee (Master Sphlinter from TMNT 2012) and Cho (The Principal from Hidamari Sketch)
- (to Major Stronghold and Louie) "Like I said before, by experiencing failure will help you grow... you're already past the age but that doesn't mean that you can't learn from your mistakes."
- (to Miyako Kougami) "Look... things like this often happens in this line of work, be it a police or a hero, mistakes happens no matter how horrible it is. Please Miyako, don't well from what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realized the situation is over, you cannot move forward. So please Miyako... accept of what is, let go of what was, and have faith on what will be."