Kyousuke Kamijou is a character from the Puella Magi Madoka Magica anime.
Sayaka's friend and her crush. A wrist injury he received in an accident left him unable to play his beloved violin, and he drudges through a barely-hidden depression as he rehabilitates at the hospital. Sayaka's wish in her Magical Girl contract is to heal his wrist.
In the AWA fics, Kyousuke made his debut in Chapter 3 of All Worlds Alliance Missions - Madoka Magica fic.
Kyousuke has an ash-brown hair and grey eyes. He usually wears an hospital gown and his Mitakihara Middle School uniform.
A wrist injury he received in an accident left him unable to play his beloved violin, and he drudges through a barely-hidden depression as he rehabilitates at the hospital.
- He is the violinist who appears with Sayaka in the OP.
- Ume Aoki explains in the BD/DVD episode 2 audio commentary that Kyosuke's hair is gray. Like many characters, his hair and eye color match each other.
- Some design documents indicate that he is a guitarist in another timeline, although this is shown in neither anime nor manga versions. There has been various speculation about the possible reasons for the change.
- In the online freemium game, Kyousuke is a guitarist, and the witch's barrier is the disco-like version seen in episode 10.
- Eri Kitamura explains in an interview that even if Kyosuke and Sayaka started dating, it won't necessarily be true happiness for Sayaka.
- An article indicates that that from the very beginning Kamijo only considered Sayaka as his close friend and never had any romantic feelings for her. He never considered her to be a potential lover, and it is for this reason that he failed to notify Sayaka when he was discharged from the hospital. He was in such a hurry to get back to his normal life that he never had any thoughts of anything else. When Kyousuke goes back to school, he is already surrounded by other girls and friends, which is why he didn't say anything to Sayaka. He was already overwhelmed by a welcoming crowd. It never occurred to him that there could be something special between him and Sayaka.
- Gen Urobuchi's comment on Kyosuke in Guidebook:
- I just do not feel that even if she hooked up with Kyosuke that girl would really be happy ever after. Most likely Kyosuke is a guy who will stand her up in dates and go to practice the violin.
- Kyosuke, a man who could not notice that "Hm? this girl seems to have some feeling for me..." even after so much self-sacrifice from her is simply no good.
- In the AWA fics, Kyousuke rejected Hitomi Shizuki and later dated Sayaka Miki.