Kuu Fei is a character from the Mahou Sensei Negima anime and manga.
Kuu is a Chinese exchange student with incredible skill in martial arts and immense strength. Seeing her skill, Negi asks her to teach him kenpo, which he picks up at a rate she considers unfair. Because she starts the series unable to use ki, she tends to lag behind the heavier hitters like Kaede despite being considered her superior when it comes to sheer skill in martial arts.
In the AWA fics, Kuu is a student at the AWA Academy.
Kuu is a dark-skinned girl with a blonde hair tied in spiky, twintails and has green eyes. She usually wears her Mahora Academy uniform.
Kuu is the silly, fun-loving Chinese warrior girl of the class. Although she can appear to be to be an idiot who uses her fists rather than her mind, Kuu's fighting skills are top-notch making her one of the more dangerous students in the class. Becoming an early trusted ally of Negi Springfield (as well as a member of his "Baka Rangers"), she also teaches him Kung Fu in order to help him progress in his own training. She is also infamous for her appetite and her obsession with nikuman from fellow "Chinese" classmate Chao Lingshen.
- Pactio: Pugilatum Exercens: Kuu Fei's artifact is known as Shinchintetsu Jizaikon. She can make this weapon extend and increase/decrease it's size at will. She formed pactio with Nagi in Chapter 261. In Chapter 273, her Pactio artifact is revealed to be a copy of the Ruyi Jingu Bang, the legendary staff wielded by the Monkey King, a character in the classic Chinese novel Journey to the West.
- Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Despite being master of Chinese Martial Arts, her rank does not reflect her fighting abilities, which can rival Chao Lingshen.
- Master Swordsmanship Specialist: Despite being master of Chinese Martial Arts, her rank does not reflect her fighting abilities. She uses a fighting style that is noted at being rough but powerful alongside the use of complex movements that allows her to lunge with her staff from the left and defend with her sheath at the right, though she is ambidextrous and can easily switch between the two techniques. She uses misdirection in her attacks and even though doing so allows for holes in her defense she is more then capable of making it up with surprise attacks.
- The depiction of Kuu's speech is hard to translate into other languages accurately. While early English renditions of the Del Rey English manga had Kuu speak more naturally, later volumes have depicted Kuu Fei's Chinese accent as "pidgin" English. This decision was made by Negima's adaptor Trish Ledoux, notable for doing similar to Chinese character Shampoo in Ranma ½..
- According to official information, if Setsuna, Kaede, Mana and Kuu Fei (i.e. the "members" of the 3A Martial Arts Elite Four) fight without holding back, Kuu Fei is actually the weakest among the four. However, this is strictly due to her inability to use magic to augment her skills, as opposed to the other three members who have varying affinities for it. Mana's passing comment to Chao about Ku Fei being the strongest "as a normal human" may also imply that Kuu Fei surpasses Mana, Setsuna and Kaede in both skills and brute strength as well, and that they might well lose in a normal, non-magical fight against her.
- Baka Yellow of the Baka Rangers, her bad results was mainly because she can't speak Japanese properly yet
- Her specialties are Xingyi Quan and Bagua Zhang, she knows a little of Baji Quan and Xinyi Liuhe Zhang as well.