Konoka Konoe is one of the main characters from the Mahou Sensei Negima anime and manga.
Konoka is the 13th student in Japanese alphabetical order of class 2/3-A, she is the cheerful, helpful and slightly naive roommate of Asuna Kagurazaka (and likewise her teacher Negi Springfield). From birth, Konoka was tied to several powerful magical organizations (her father is the chief of the Kansai magic association and was a member of Nagi Springfield's "Crimson Wings", her grandfather is the dean of Mahora Academy), yet she was sent away kept in the dark about her heritage of magic. Only after a trip to her home in Kyoto does Konoka finally discover the power locked away and allies with Negi in order to release it to her fullest potential. She is also extremely notable for a close relationship with her classmate/guardian Setsuna Sakurazaki. She's also a Chosen One.
In the AWA fics, Konoka is a student at the AWA Academy.
Konoka has a long, waist-length brown hair styled in a hime-cut and has brown eyes. She usually wears her Mahora Academy uniform.
Konoka is a cheerful and caring girl who lives with Asuna Kagurazaka and Negi Springfield. If anything, she is the mediator of the group, being both Asuna's best friend and Negi's biggest supporter. She appears to be the "mother" of the trio in the living facility, choosing to help, cook and look after Negi while putting up with the harsh comments Asuna made towards the child teacher. Yet even with her slightly oblivious mind, Konoka is one of the smarter students in the class (compared to her "Baka Ranger" roommate) though she doesn't choose to show it like other book-smart students outside an occasional membership in the "Library Exploration Club" with Nodoka, Yue & Haruna. A fan of fortune-telling, she has tremendous magical potential, having come from a family of powerful mages. Konoka usually just bears through her grandfather's good intentions and tries to just pass it along as best as she can.
- Pactio: Regina Medicans (literally, "Healing Queen"): Konoka has currently formed one Pactio with Negi in Chapter 52. The entire outfit she wears on her card, including the fans, known as Flabellum Euri and Flabellum Australe, is her artifact, in which has been revealed to heal any injuries as long they had occurred within 3 minutes. She has also been training herself with simple incantations to heal minor scrapes and cuts. In chapter 150, Konoka heals a boy's knee with just her practice wand. While training in Evangeline's resort for the trip to Magic Country, Konoka's Pactio outfit changed to the nurse's outfit that she wore during Day 3 of the Mahora Festival, although the fans are still part of the attire. However, she returns to using the original outfit by the time Negi and his crew arrive in Magic Country. When used at its full power (such as using it to save Negi's life after being impaled by Fate) her soul literally leaves her body thereby releasing her full magical powers and she is able to use them to save a life from the brink of death. However this process leaves her severely drained and she isn't able to use her healing abilities for a period of time afterward. Furthermore, it appears that there are also side-effects if too much magic is put into the effect. The patient becomes prone to becoming sick afterwards due to the overflow of magical power. After being healed of a fatal wound, Negi gets a high fever when searching for the scattered members of the White Wing. Currently, her Pactio ability is powerful enough to heal a dragon, though she stated she can only use it once a day.
- Magical Abilities: With Konoka now aware of her magical abilities, she has begun to undergo magic training so that she can utilize her full magic potential and be able to heal others without needing to rely on her Pactio item. So far, she has shown some proficiency in using practice spells and minor healing incantations as well as showing some talent using telekinesis. In chapter 224, she has been shown to use magic arrows against Fate's Ministra Magi. She also now serves as a Magistra Magi, with Setsuna as her Ministra
- Fortune Telling: Though she is President of the Fortune Telling Club and does have the magical potential (she is currently training to be an onmyouji), she has yet to display any signs of actual precognition. Most of her predictions are done as jokes (such as telling Asuna ho
w to win Takahata, and predicting Negi's partner).
- She speaks with a Kansai accent because she was originally from Kyoto.
- Konoka's outfit while using her artifact bears a striking resemblance to the design of a Seer in the Final Fantasy series. This is also reflected by Konoka's skills with healing magic being at a higher level than Nodoka's, who resembles a White Mage. Seers considered to be "higher level" White Mages.
- Konoka's family name Konoe is most likely based on the Konoe Clan from japanese history who were the highest nobility in japan outside of the imperial family itself.
- Konoka wins the 7th place of Mahou Sensei Negima! Mahora Girls' Jr. High Class 3-A Students Popularity Poll 2017.
- In the sequel UQ Holder! Chapter 147, during Chachazero shows a flashback on how Touta Konoe was born there's a young women who look similar to Konoka. Thought it's not known if that young women is Konoka herself or her descendant.