Itsuki Myoudouin, also known as Cure Sunshine, is one of the main characters from the Heartcatch Pretty Cure! anime.
The androgynous student council president who acts masculine in order to continue the martial traditions of her family in place of her feeble older brother. Despite this, she adores cute things and wishes she could show her feminine side more freely.
In the XP4 fics, Itsuki debuted in XP4 Heroes Coalition - Kick-Off!.
In the AWA fics, Itsuki is listed as a purchased slave from the Slave Fortress but is later rescued.
Itsuki has brown, chin-length hair in a boyish cut with a small amount flared out while her thick bangs frame her face. Her eyes are brown. Initially she is only shown wearing the male uniform at school she eventually switches it out for the girls uniform around the time she began growing out her hair.
Casually Itsuki wears an outfit Erika and Tsubomi helped her make, a vibrant yellow tunic-dress that has orange ribbon around the neck, sleeve cuffs, and an orange ribbon design on the corner of the torso. This is worn with dull blue leggings and a pair of white sneakers. For the movie she is shown wearing a dull gold striped camisole with a white turtleneck, dull black jacket, dark denim pants, and black shoes. As Cure Sunshine her eyes turn and hair turn yellow, growing a drastic length and worn up in thick, partially curled twin-tails held by orange ribbons decorated with a golden flower. She wears gold flower earrings and an orange ribbon tied around the neck. Her outfit resembles Blossom's and Marine's, but is a two-piece. The top resembles a tube top lined in orange with puffed sleeves and a gold ribbon sewn to the front, adorned by a turquoise heart gem on a silver base. The skirt is a tutu made from goldenrod petals with a smaller white flower-shaped peplum sewn to an orange V-shaped band. On each hip is a pale yellow flower. White beneath the knee boots are included with orange silk ribbon tied to the corner of each leg and laces the middle. On each wrist is a flowered cuff sewn to an orange ribbon adorned by a pale yellow flower.
Outwardly Itsuki is a stern and princely girl who cares deeply for her friends and strangers alike. She is gentle with a feminine heart, and gets excited when she sees anything that looks cute- like clothes or toys. She appears to be more levelheaded than Erika or Tsubomi, but she will not spare others from rage if innocent people are hurt. She is also calming, caring, and quick witted, leading many to admire her for her strength of character and as a person. As such, she struggled to come to terms with what she wanted to be in comparison to who she felt she had to be.
Itsuki is a member of the Heroes Coalitions and is part of the Multiverse's Cutest Team. She also attends the Vanguard Academy as a student.
XP4 Heroes Coalition - Kick-Off!
In Chapter 13, Itsuki, alongside her team, the Multiverse's Cutest Team, made their presence in front of a group of Battle Creek Zealots at a temple-like fortress in a snowy mountain somewhere in Neo-Earth. The two sides clashes but the team overpowers the Zealots, causing the red & blue armored men to flee. After that, Itsuki and the others were ordered to remain in standby which they complied.
Cure Sunshine (Kyua Sanshain) is the Cure identity Itsuki gains when she has to protect her older brother when he becomes a Desertrian. She is very different from Cure Blossom and Cure Marine in the sense that her Heart Perfume is called the Shiny Perfume, she uses the Shiny Tambourine rather than the Flower Tacts and her attack is named Gold Forte Burst rather than the usual Pink, Blue, Silver and Dark Forte Wave. When facing the advanced Desertrian, Cure Blossom, Cure Marine and Cure Sunshine can also perform a group finisher called Shining Fortissimo. Itsuki transforms by saying "Pretty Cure! Open My Heart!".
She can perform Floral Power Fortissimo with Cure Moonlight, as shown in episode 38. During the final battle against Dune Cure Sunshine and Cure Marine perform Floral Power Fortissimo together. Before her first transform, she already knew how to transform and fight. Cure Sunshine is capable of fighting with martial arts, as the leader of the Myoudouin Dojo. Later on in the series, she becomes Heartcatch Pretty Cure Super Silhouettealong with Cure Blossom, Cure Marine, and Cure Moonlight in episode 38.
- Gold Forte Burst - The finishing attacks that Sunshine uses to purify a Desertrian.
- Floral Power Fortissimo - Her finishing attack with Moonlight or Marine.
- Shining Fortissimo - Her finishing attack with Blossom and Marine.
Except for purification attacks, Cure Sunshine can use offensive and defensive attacks on her own for fighting use:
- Sunflower Aegis - The sunflower-shaped shield generated by Cure Sunshine. Soon after an attack of an enemy hit right onto the shield, the attack goes towards where it was set. However, once an attack is boosted by the Dark Bracelet, it starts to take some shatters.
- Sunflower Aegis Impact - Cure Sunshine generates a Sunflower-shaped shield then propels it at the enemy.
- Sunflower Protection - Cure Sunshine's secondary shield attack, which protects her from incoming attacks. Unlike Sunflower Aegis, the attack does not recoil back to the enemy.
- Sunshine Flash - One of Cure Sunshine's attacks, similar to Cure Blossom's Blossom Shower and Cure Marine's Marine Shoot. She draws a circle of light with both hands and then releases the light at the target.
- Pretty Cure Impact - All the three Cures use their power to knock the enemy away.
- Sunshine Dynamite - Like Cure Marine's Marine Dynamite and Cure Blossom and Cure Marine's Pretty Cure Daibakuhatsu, Sunshine Dynamite creates a large explosion. As it is only featured in Kaoruko's dream, it is unknown if she can use it in reality.
Super Cure Sunshine
Super Cure Sunshine (Sūpā Kyua Sanshain) is the Super Silhouette upgrade Cure Sunshine receives after passing the trial in the Pretty Cure Palace. This form is obtained when the items called Heartcatch Mirage and Super Pretty Cure Seed is used. In this form, she can use the group finisher, Heartcatch Orchestra.
In this form, her attire changes to pure white and gains a very pale yellow accent. Her hair remains the same but grows in length, with the hair around her head slightly changing in shape. Her hair ribbons change to reflect her dress, and she gains a tiara and a pair of glowing, heart-shaped wings. Her skirt petals grow in shape, while her sleeves get bigger and her boots are now thigh length. Her ribbon on her neck is now a pale yellow choker, while her wrist accessories become a pair of opera gloves.
- Itsuki uses different personal pronouns for her civilian and Cure forms: Itsuki uses Boku - Cure Sunshine uses Watashi.
- Itsuki's birthday is April 15th. Therefore, Itsuki's zodiac is Aries.
- For the Pretty Cure All Stars DX3 Movie Character Polls held by Toei Animation, Cure Sunshine appeared in the following rankings:
- 8th in "Favorite Pretty Cure"
- 6th in "The Pretty Cure you want to team up with most"
- 6th in "The Pretty Cure you want to be most"
- In the Pretty Cure All Stars Suite Flower Card Collection, Itsuki is represented by the sunflower, which symbolizes aspiration and brilliance in the Language of Flowers.
- Itsuki appeared as Cure Sunshine to give the 10th anniversary congratulatory message at the beginning of episode 20 of Happiness Charge Pretty Cure!
- Although her mother told Tsubomi and Erika that she started martial arts at the age of five in episode 15, in episode 25 she told the fashion club members she started martial arts at the age of four.