Howard Weinerman is the deuteragonist of Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja animated series.
Howard is Randy's best friend, and despite the fact that he’s got a huge mouth, he is the only person who knows Randy is the Ninja. He is Heidi's younger brother.
In the XP4 fics, Howard is a member of the Dark Forces. Howard is part of the Dark Forces' Seven Deadly Assassins and the Miyamoto Faction.
Howard is short and chubby. He has orange hair like his sister Heidi, brown eyes, and tiny hands. His plump appearance proves to be deceptive, as shown when he speedily makes it first to Shangri-Lunch Table, beating Bash and Randy, in "Der Monster Klub," and throws a stanked monster with Randy in "Randy Cunningham and the Sorcerer's Key," as well as a cinderblock from a considerable distance in "Swampy Seconds." He can also take a hit pretty well, as in "Monster Drill," when he got hit dead-on by the Robo-Mantis, but appears fine afterwards, being more afraid then hurt. He wears a blue McTop with a squid design on it, dark green McShorties, and red McKicks.
As an assassin, Howard wears a black gii with several pockets, dark hakama pants tucked in a black boots and a red scarf around his neck.
Howard can be described as a loyal, loud-mouthed, lazy guy. He becomes very emotional when his food is ruined, damaged, or snatched away, as seen in "Got Stank" and "McFear Factor." It is also revealed that he is aware he's less intelligent than Randy, since he laughed with Randy when Randy suggested for Howard try to come up with an idea, although he has shown some intelligence. Such as knowing how many scoville units a habanero pepper has in "McFists of Fury." He can be a jerk, as shown in "So U Think U Can Stank," in which he aggressively rejects talent show participants for little to no reason, thus turning them into monsters. He also was really mean to the Psychobot while replacing Randy as the Ninja in "The Ninja Supremacy," and took advantage of being temporary Ninja by cutting in line and having students glorify him.
Although he can be rude and troublesome, he has Randy's best interests at heart, and proves to be very loyal and helpful in saving him, as in "30 Seconds to Math" and "Nukid on the Block." He often gets angry at Randy. Howard lacks a sense of responsibility, and usually tries to foist the blame for his own mistakes on someone else, usually Randy. He sometimes is unable to keep his mouth shut, which can cause problems, as shown in "Gossip Boy." Nevertheless his gift of gab proves useful when having to explain what happened to the island to Principal Slimovitz in "Escape from Detention Island," preventing all the punished students from any further penalties.
Randy usually does his best to solve a problem, while Howard will not want to deal with it if it interferes with his own desires. He tends to have bad judgement, as in "Night of the Living McFizzles," when he eats the candy despite knowing it will turn him into zombie at the end of the episode. He often pressures Randy into doing what Howard wants or thinks Randy needs over responsibility. Although coming up with good ideas at times, he can also give Randy stupid ideas, like giving all the water and food to the smell-of-death vine right away in "Dawn of the Driscoll." He ate most of the victory nachos he had prepared and still whined that Randy should give him the last piece although he himself had already eaten the rest. He is always scolding Randy for something that Randy should say to him instead.
While insensitive to others, such as eating Randy's gravy fries in "Bash Johnson: 11th Grade Ninja," Howard is actually sensitive and emotional, taking things personally, whether they be insults or even as simple as losing all his candy in "Night of the Living McFizzles." This can sometimes result in him being angry towards the offender, who is often and unfortunately Randy. Once apologized to, however, Howard doesn't bear a grudge, and occasionally he has moments where he's very nice and supportive, although they never last for very long.
Howard's friendship with Randy was destroyed for reasons yet to be explained. The once best friend of Randy is now his worst enemy, Howard deeply resents Randy after claiming that he betray him and is now hellbent in killing him.
Howard becomes an assassin. After becoming an assassin, he has learn how to fight, adept in martial art and different deadly weapons.
- For his early concept designs, Howard had dark hair, but his final official design has the orange hair which Randy had previously in his concepts.
- Howard is the first character in the show to find out that Randy is the Ninja.
- He and Randy have a band named 30 Seconds to Math (which is a parody of 30 Seconds To Mars) in the episode of the same name.
- He does not like when someone jokes about his grave-punching skills, as shown in "House of 1,000 Boogers."
- He had a unicorn doll named Uni, who got her head ripped off by Bash Johnson in "House of 1,000 Boogers."
- Apparently he can't keep a secret, since he said so himself in "Gossip Boy."
- He was dressed as Viceroy for Halloween in "Dawn of the Driscoll" and "Night of the Living McFizzles."
- He was chosen to play the ninja in "Monster Drill" by Principal Slimovitz.
- He likes the school's cafeteria food even if it was made from roadkill.
- In "Gossip Boy," he stated that the Whoopee World commercial song gets stuck in his head whenever he hears it.
- Either he or Randy has an extra nipple, as stated in "30 Seconds to Math", though it hasn't been proven yet.
- He likes to eat, as seen in "Gossip Boy" and "30 Seconds to Math."
- Howard usually calls Randy by his last name.
- He contradicted himself in "House of 1,000 Boogers" and "30 Seconds to Math" about the NinjaNomicon. In "House of 1,000 Boogers," he said that he always liked the Nomicon. In "30 Seconds to Math" he said he always hated the Nomicon.
- He might have a slight crush on Morgan as seen in "Escape from Detention Island."
- He is one of the only characters on the show so far to have a sibling, Heidi.
- In the episode "Escape from Detention Island," it's shown that Howard is really good at making excuses.
- In the episode, "Stanks Like Teen Spirit," Howard is seen to be considerably skilled at chess even though he has no idea what the chess pieces are called.
- Also in said episode, he says "Chess-mate!" which provikes the chess-bot to correct him by saying "Check-mate."
- Howard has a lot of never-seen family members, who are mentioned in multiple episodes.
- In "Hip Hopocalypse Now" it's shown that Howard is allergic to dust.
- Howard's recurring fear is running out of food, especially chicken-based foods; however, it is unknown if running out of food is his greatest fear.
- In "Randy Cunningham and the Sorcerer's Key," he claims that an isosceles triangle doesn't exist and is something he made up. An isosceles triangle, that is, a triangle with two sides which are equal in length and also having two angles of the same measure, actually does exist.
- In "Randy Cunningham and the Sorcerer's Key," after he helped Randy get the key, he also wanted a ninja mask, a sword, and a cape with his suit.
- He temporarily became the Ninja in "The Ninja Identity"/"The Ninja Supremacy" after Randy accidentally mind-wiped himself. In those episodes, it is revealed that Howard is a terrible ninja.
- During the latter episode, Howard got his own version of the theme song, failing to sing along with the lyrics.
- In "Enter the Nomicon," he dressed up as a girl, the first character to cross-dress in the series.
- McFist actually said Howard reminded him of himself in "McSatchlé" when he saw Howard conning other McFist-O-Plex employees.
- According to a Tumblr post by RC9GN animatic editor Nico Colaleo, Howard is Jewish.
- He got a McFistPad in "Raiders of the Lost Nomicon," which has since been revealed to have been destroyed, as seen in "Weinerman Tested, Cunningham Approved"
- He gets a new one by "All the Juice That's Fish to Swim."
- He also wants another McFistPad in "Happy Hanukkah, Howard Weinerman!"
- He thinks that word "duty" is funny and laughs every time when he hears it.
- In "Flume-Igation," he admits to having issues being alone.
- As of "All the Juice That's Fish to Swim," he is no longer being considered by Debbie Kang as the true identity of the Ninja, making him one of the first knocked off her list.
- Howard goes through Randy's underwear drawer, as revealed in "Julian's Birthday Surprise."
- Howard often uses and borrows Randy's underwear, and at one point, Howard has Randy's underwear for a month.
- His last name is a Yiddish surname meaning "man from Vienna"; the Austrian capital was well-known for its large Jewish population. "Weiner," of course, also is a variant of "wiener," a hot-dog or sausage, and is also a slang word for "a weak, lazy, cowardly person who refuses to participate, particularly in sports or dangerous activities" (as in the phrase, "to wiener out") or simply "an annoying person." "Howard" may hint at "coward."
- Howard might be based on Nick Frost, an English actor.
- As revealed in "Bro-ing Down the House," Howard didn't know what a boomerang is. When Randy was hit by a boomerang in the face, Randy thought that Howard knows what a boomerang is; however, he still forgets it.