Houka Inumuta is a character from the Kill la Kill anime.
The Information and Strategy Committee Chair, charged with the finance and strategic planning of the Student Council. Unlike his fellow elites, Inumuta is more interested in gathering data on Ryuko's Kamui rather than defeating her. His Three-Star Goku Uniform, Probe Regalia, allows him to analyze and predict his enemies' moves in the heat of battle.
In the XP4 fics, Houka debuted in XP4 Heroes Coalition - Kick-Off!.
In the AWA fics, Houka is a student at the AWA Academy.
Inumuta has a tealish hair color and neat hair. He has a collar-neck suit, which, at the collar, opens whenever he talks. He also wears unique eyeglasses that are tinted blue.
A hacker and genius, Inumuta is by far the smartest in the Elite Four, having been a freelance hacker and bypassing security when he was only 15. Inumuta lives and dies for the data he collects, caring little to nothing about winning or losing, as long as he can get the information he seeks. This is shown when he forfeits his battle with Ryūko Matoi in order to safeguard the data he collected.
He's highly sarcastic, often mocking others just for the sake of it and barely showing any kind of emotion other than mild amusement towards a selected few. As Inumuta is extremely protective of his data and in turn, his laptop, with any actions that can cause potential damage resulting in him losing his cool and going into a comically portrayed rage, as shown when he threatened to kill Mako when she incidentally trips and hits her head on his laptop.
Houka is a member of the Heroes Coalitions and is part of the Team Extreme. He also attends the Vanguard Academy.
XP4 Heroes Coalition - Kick-Off!
In Chapter 7, Houka, alongside his team, the Team Extreme, are seen infiltrating a warehouse where the crime syndicate called the CFFB Flying Bears are hiding. After taking down the crime syndicate, Houka and the others watches Katsuki Bakugo and Yuri Nakamura had an arguement when the former demanded leadership for the team.
Hand to hand Combat - He is shown to be a highly skilled hand to hand combatant, capable of unleashing a single strike that was precise enough and at the same time, powerful enough to completely disable a student that had been turned into a rampaging monster by a prototype Five-Star Goku Uniform, a kind of opponent which, for all intents and purposes would have been stronger than him; however, it was a prototype. However Inumuta lacks any true combat skills besides this and easily is the weakest in terms of actual strength among the Elite Four, mainly relying on his optical camouflage to perform sneak attacks.
Three-Star Goku Uniform
- Probe Regalia (Saguru no Sō) - Out of all the Three-Star uniforms, this is the most physically restrained one. With this uniform, Inumuta can analyze anything around him and prepare himself accordingly for the situation. His suit contains keyboards, which he rapidly types on, possibility processing the constant feed of data from his experience with his opponents, as the suit can also store data. Supposedly, if he manages to completely analyze his opponent, his uniform allows him to defeat them instantly, though this has only been shown against a student wearing an experimental Five-Star Goku Uniform. His suit possesses an optical camouflage ability, rendering him invisible. The suit also has a maximum processing capacity that, if surpassed, can cause it to overheat. This can be done by attacking the uniform with extremely reckless attacks, as demonstrated by Ryūko.
- Optical Camouflage (Kōgaku Meisai) - Probe Regalia can generate a camouflage cloak, allowing Inumuta to become invisible for an unspecified period of time. It allows him the ability to attack his intended target with impunity, granted the camouflage is not disrupted, which can be done by dealing massive damage to the uniform.
- Probe Regalia Mk.II (Saguru no Sō Aratame) - This revamped version of Inumuta's uniform is strikingly similar to his ordinary uniform, although the uniform is now colored light blue and has no curves, making him a polyhedron that resembles data itself. In this uniform, Inumuta can leave behind afterimages while still remaining invisible with his optical camouflage.
- Probe Regalia: Truth Unveiled (Saguru no Sō Shinri Kyūmei) - The final version of Inumuta's uniform features skin-tight pants, shoulder pieces that also cover his face and chest and a pair of gloves, all of which are black with a light green streaks detailing and connecting the material together. This uniform also sports a pair of large, red goggles and small, wrist-mounted cannons that fire ropes that have been shown to defeat Nui Harime's clones.
- Inumuta is the only member of the Student Council so far to have been granted a Mk. II Goku Uniform by Satsuki without its previous version being destroyed. Though it's worth noting that the data he saved was important for Satsuki's plans down the road.
- When Inumuta finished his Probe Regalia Truth Unveiled transformation, his appearance and hand signs resemble's that of Marvel´s comic superhero Spider-Man.