Haruna Saotome is a character from the Mahou Sensei Negima anime and manga.
Haruna is the local rumormonger, manga artist, and a frequent companion of Yue and Nodoka.
In the AWA fics, Haruna is a student at the AWA Academy.
Haruna is a tall, teenage girl with a waist-length dark-green hair and has red eyes. She is usually wears her Mahora Academy uniform.
Like the other members of the Library Exploration Club (except for Yue), Haruna does well on school tests. If there is a rumor going around in the class, she is usually at the root of it all. It is said that her rumor-spreading abilities are so well developed that she can spread them to the other end of the school in two hours. She eventually figured out Negi's secret at the tournament, as well as the fact that her friends Yue, Nodoka, and Konoka already knew about it. Subsequently, she interrogated them (well, she sketched a manga of her interrogating them and told them that was what she would do to them) until they told her everything. As a member of the Library Exploration Club, she seems to have made it her mission to get Nodoka together with Negi, whether Nodoka wants her help or not. She also draws manga and goes by the nickname "Haru" (or "Paru", "Pal"). She occasionally uses illustrations to express ideas or feelings. She draws the "Mahō Shōjo" ("Magical Girl") manga series, which is very popular in Mahora. She loves the idea of magical artifacts and such (due to her hobby with manga and the idea of magical girls), and even tried immediately to do a Pactio with Negi as soon as she found out (by kissing him the next moment she saw him). Like with Kazumi, Chamo has taken a liking toward Haruna and she played a part in getting Yue to make a Probationary Contract with Negi. Then with Konoka's help, she promptly took advantage of the opportunity to get a pactio for herself.
During the "Big Breast Competition" it's noted that her breasts are larger than Ayaka's.
Pactio: Fictrix Comica - Her artifact, Imperium Graphices, is a set that consists of a sketchbook, hat, apron, and a feather quill that has the ability to make anything she sketches come to life. The clothing from her artifact materializes over the clothes she is already wearing. She has been experimenting with her artifact, making doodles of aliens, cats and Tama-chan from Love Hina. According to Chamo, the artifact is used for easy summoning of low-level golems. The number and size she can make is yet unknown. At this point, she was shown to be able to create lifelike copies of herself and the other girls in order to fool magical teachers who were after them. Her artifact most likely relies a lot upon her imagination as well as her sketch as the 2D drawing needs more than just that to become a 3D object. Though she was the sixth provisional contract Negi has made, the actual pactio card is not seen until Chapter 217 (Her official pactio design was seen in promotional materials prior).
- Shield Maidens- Golems that can shield people between them. Haruna summoned four to protect her, Konoka and Chisame from Brigitte's Cantus Elejmosenes
- Flying Manta Ray- A golem that can be used to carry people and fly. The manta ray can be piloted by thought through putting the hand in mark above its head. Haruna summoned it to dodge most attacks from Brigitte.
- "Donzura"- A golem that appears to be a cat with only a pair of small legs and tail. It can transport and protect three people in its mouth. In addition, it can also resist concussive blows and bounce at incredible heights.
- New Inferno Aniki DX - A golem that appears to be a demon. It is assumed it has exceptional prowess, however, its capabilities are unknown.
- Jellyfish Hands - As its name suggests, it resembles jellyfish tentacles, that can grab and capture objects.
- Sagitta Magica Mini Gun - A machine that operates expensive magical arrows scroll. According to Chamo, if kept shooting fot ten minutes, it has tremendous fire power.
- Decoy Kamo-kun Grand March - Haruna draws a number of Chamo's to use for decoy purposes, and for shielding from massive long range attacks.
- Drawing Speed: As a talented manga artist, Haruna possesses incredible drawing speed, using her artifact to create three lifelike golems in two minutes. Her greatest feat so far is creating a mid-level golem in only 2.7 seconds. She is also able to use her artifact to create copies of herself and draw even faster.
- Communication Skills and Strategic Thinking: Although Haruna appears wild and excitable, she is very cunning and is able to notice many subtle behaviors among her classmates, such as Yue's crush on Negi, and Natsumi's crush on Kotaro. She is also the first to notice the depth of Anya and Negi's friendship due to the lack of honorifics used between them. Haruna also has a knack for planning ahead, as she is able to understand Negi's decision to side with Kurt Godel, and almost outwits the Megalomesembria soldiers before the sudden appearance of Cosmo Entelecheia. These abilities make Haruna 3-A's official "rumor-monger", a trait that keeps her in the dark about the existence of magic at the beginning of the series.
- Haruna's hair color is pink or brown in other medias.