Elizabeth "Liz" Thompson is one of the main characters from the Soul Eater anime and manga.
Kid's other Demon Gun and the older Thompson sister. She is the more laid-back member of their trio and often expresses chagrin at her teammates' wackiness. She originally hails from Brooklyn.
In the XP4 fics, Liz debuted in XP4 Heroes Coalition - Kick-Off!.
In the AWA fics, Liz is a student at the AWA Academy and is part of Class 8.
Liz has dirty blonde hair that reaches her mid-back, dark blue eyes, and slightly sun-kissed skin. Although taller and older than Patty, she has a smaller breast size, which annoys her when noticed by Kid, along with his groping of her breasts. Upon her arrival in Death City, she is 170 centimeters tall (about 5 feet 7 inches).
During their initial missions with Kid, both Liz and Patty wear cowgirl outfits: tight, sleeveless red turtleneck belly shirts with white ties, cowboy hats and black high-heel boots. However, unlike Patty, Liz wears dark wash jeans and two silver bracelets on each wrist. In addition, there is a subtle difference in their hats. Patty's hat has rounded rims, whilst Liz's hat has rims that slant forward. In the anime, as the series progress, both Thompson sisters wear cropped white jackets over their outfits. Liz's soul has a pink color and has two curved triangles representing her hat.
When "studying" for the Super-Written Exam (she mostly procrastinated through all of it), she changes into a purple business outfit with a headband brushing back her hair, two heeled shoes and a pair of reading glasses. This is referred to as her "smart-girl transformation". Her glasses have not been seen again for the rest of the series, so whether she requires reading glasses or not has as of yet not been clarified. Saying this, they are referred to as 'fashion glasses' or 'glasses for looks' in the manga. However, she is shown to be intelligent enough to pass the Exam without studying as much as the others, scoring higher than Patty, Black☆Star and even Death the Kid, who admittedly, couldn't even write his name.
In the shower, Liz will use a clip to hold up her long hair behind her head.
After the assassination of Joe Buttataki, Liz along with other DWMA members wore a black armband on her left bicep.
After joining Spirit Albarn and Sid Barrett to confront Risa and Arisa with accusations that they are witches, Liz and Patty wear unbuttoned dress shirts with vertical creases along the front, along with her black armband. Whereas Liz wore a dark, lengthy business skirt, Patty wore dark shorts secured with a belt.
During their infiltration of Baba Yaga Castle, Liz and Patty initially wore their usual attire at that time, the sweater tops with tall collars and ties, but with the addition of wearing a thick long sleeve jacket, with four buttons along the front. With help from Eruka Frog, they donned Arachnophobia robes over their outfits, yet somehow were able to find and change into maid outfits, consisting of dark dresses, dark ribbon ties, shoes with ribbons, and light color maids' aprons and hats. They retained these outfits for the rest of their mission infiltrating Baba Yaga Castle, even when wearing Arachnophobia robes over these outfits.
After the defeat of Arachnophobia but before the formation of Spartoi, Liz accompanied Maka and Patty to the Death City basketball court to discuss Noah's abduction of Kid. Liz, Patty, and Maka wore similar attire: a checkerboard skirt and a dress shirt. Liz's was unbuttoned and its tie loosened. Maka and Patty wore similar attire, only with the addition of a D-City sweater vest (looking similar to Meme Tatane's sweater vest). In addition, Liz had a skull-shaped necklace.
In her Spartoi uniform, Liz wears a zip-up top over a blue vest and a white sports jacket over it. She no longer wears her cowboy hat, and her jeans are replaced by a blue pleated skirt.
Out of all the characters, Liz changes the most physically when entering the Book of Eibon. Her appearance is that of a heavily-built man with closely cropped hair and piercings on each ear, wearing a white jacket and dark pants. Despite her threatening appearance, she still displays her squeamishness and cowardice, much to Patty's amusement. Also, she along with Tsubaki remain in their opposite gender form the longest, revealing that they are the most lustful out of the group. However the most lustful of them is Tsubaki, as Liz turns back to normal slightly before Tsubaki.
While Patty is very child-like, Liz is more like a stereotypical teenage girl (worried about makeup, shopping, looks, etc). Despite mostly being the cool-headed and serious of the sisters, she is shown to be extremely afraid of paranormal things, convinced that any ghost she meets is out to eat her (where her paranoia severely irritates the ghosts that are trying to help her). She can also be a little cynical and shallow sometimes (but not always), and sometimes takes advantage of other people for her own gains, like when she pretends that Tsubaki's cooking is her own to impress a boy she likes. She can be flirtatious and can also be charming to men, mostly in order to deceive them (which is shown when she tricks Giriko alongside Patty).
Both Liz and Patty admire Kid's dignified soul due to the fact that they are from the streets. Unlike Patty, Liz finds the drama brought on by Kid's perfectionist attitude annoying. Also, Patty adores her and thinks that Liz knows everything.
It is shown, both in the main series and Soul Eater Not!, that before she and Patty became Kid's Weapons, they were much more cruel and selfish. In one of Liz's flashbacks, she and Patty were mugging an old man, saying that they wouldn't hurt him if he gave them his money. After Liz snatches his briefcase, she hits him over the head with Patty (in Weapon form).
She is the older and more mature of the two sisters. Kid's obsession with symmetry and how he will let it control his life sometimes gets on her nerves and she frequently reprimands Kid for this, although she won't hesitate to cheer him up when he is depressed. She also displays wit, courage and determination whenever her friends are in danger, and tries her best to protect them.
Liz is a member of the Heroes Coalitions and is part of the Death City Squad. She also attends at Vanguard Academy as a student.
XP4 Heroes Coalition - Kick-Off!
In Chapter 9, Liz, alongside her team, the Death City Squad, are seen in a large desert taking on several gigantic Emotionless. After defeating the creatures, Death the Kid made an urgent order to head back to Neo-City after hearing that Donzerg Stronghold plans on painting the La Lopez Memorial Museum with rainbow paint in a zigzag pattern, much to Liz and everyone's bewilderment.
XP4 Heroes Coalition - Neo-City Diaries
In Chapter 12, Liz is seen running around the Training Facility when Raya Amanda chases Alden Cole around with a machine gun.
XP4 Heroes Coalition - Remnant Chronicles
In Chapter 1, Liz, alongside the Death City Squad, Qrow Branwen, Jaune Arc, Lie Ren and Nora Valkyrie, arrives in Mistral. They later met up with Leonardo Lionheart at the Haven Academy where Qrow told him information about the Spring Maiden but Leonard delays going after her, much to their frustration. Later that night, everyone are seen at the living room of their house when Qrow, Death the Kid and Brook arrives and introduced Oscar Pine to everyone, Oscar then revealed that he's Ozpin, much to everyone's bewilderment.
In Chapter 2, Liz, alongside the Death City Squad, Qrow Branwen, Jaune Arc, Lie Ren and Nora Valkyrie, are seen inside their current residence somewhere in Mistral where they had a conversation about Oscar Pine being Ozpin. They then witnessed Ozpin taking over Oscar, reintroducing himself, telling them his plans to retrieve the Relic of Knowledge and decided to train Oscar alongside Ruby Rose, Jaune, Ren and Nora, much to everyone's confusion and bewilderment.
In Chapter 6, Liz, alongside her team, are seen in the living room in their residence somewhere in Mistral when Qrow Branwen, Kiba Inuzuka, Akamaru, Yang Xiao Long, Weiss Schnee, Ichika Orimura and Tomomichi Motoyama arrived. Liz and the others watches Ruby Rose reunited with Yang and Weiss, much to their joy.
In Chapter 7, Liz took part of a dinner get-together at the residence somewhere in Mistral. After Ichika Orimura and Tomomichi Motoyama left for another mission in Atlas, they had a conversation about their recent experiences, Ruby Rose, Jaune Arc, Nora Valkyrie & Lie Ren revealing their Gifts and Ruby & Jaune revealing that they're a couple, much to Weiss' shock and Yang's ire. Later in the living room, they were joined by Qrow Branwen, Oscar Pine and Ozpin, everyone are present when Ozpin explains to them about the magic he gave to Qrow & Raven Branwen and detailed that everyone had a choice. After that, everyone decided to keep moving forward and decided to enjoy the rest of the night.
In Chapter 8, Liz is heard shouting Patricia "Patty" Thompson's name.
In Chapter 10, Liz, alongside her team, Yang Xiao Long, Weiss Schnee, Jaune Arc, Lie Ren, Nora Valkyrie, Qrow Branwen and Oscar Pine/Ozpin are seen gathered in their residence somewhere in Mistral. Qrow then got a call from Leonardo Lionheart and told them to meet them in school however, Shadow the Hedgehog revealed that an ambush awaits for them, much to everyone's shock. After that, they decided to counter their enemies with an ambush of their own.
Demon Twin Guns (Ni-chō Makenjū) : With use of the Demon Twin Guns, Death the Kid is capable of using their weapon form's ability to condense his soul wavelength and fire powerful bullets capable from stunning and injuring an individual to lethal levels capable of destroying bodies (such as the likes of the Wrath of the Pharaoh) depending on the situation.
Bond Meister: Liz acts as a Bond Meister to Patty, in which means she can wield Patty due to their relationship as siblings and utilize each other as Meisters.
- Gun-Type Meister (Jū-gata Shokunin): Liz is particular skilled with the usage of a gun, namely her sister's twin gun transformation.
Transformation Exploitation: As a Demon Weapon capable of transforming and being a Meister to her twin sister, Liz has learned the ability to use transformation to her advantage and surprise her opponents. Not only does it allow for surprise, but also quick movement between her and Patty. While doing so and as she transform, she is incapable of being hurt.
Hand-to-Hand Combatant: While neither in the league of Death the Kid nor her younger sister Patty, Liz is at least competent in fighting enough to clobber ordinary citizens of Death City, especially those who threaten her sister in the anime.
Dirty Fighting: Being raised in the streets, Liz is a staunch believer in the usage of dirty fighting, dismissing fair fighting notions. Because of this, she uses any natural advantages she can and believe it to be common sense.
- Sanzu River Shot (Sansu Ribaa Shotto; FUNimation "River Syx Shot"):Kid shoots out a quick stream of bullets from each of his partners, with both Weapons aimed symmetrically. In the anime, he shoots the three shots in quick succession.
- Death Eagle .42 (,Desu Īguru Fōtītoū): After connecting the first of the Lines of Sanzu and onward, Kid can resonate with both of his weapons to unlock a more powerful gun transformation. This form significantly upgrades the caliber of Kid's usual shots, and upgrades the "soul-width" that the guns can fire their Soul Wavelength from the norm .38 to .42. From this form, the shots and techniques in which he can utilize is capable of damaging the likes of Mosquito and the members of the Clown Army , in which some within the latter were killed in a single shot.
- Sanzu Falls Shot (Sanzufōrushotto): Kid raises his arms and shots downward in a powerful steam of Soul Wavelength-powered bullets. This technique was capable of damaging Mosquito considerably and cancel out his Darkness Discord technique.
- Execution Mode (Shikei Shikkō Mōdo):With the use of his Demon Twin Guns, Death the Kid can enter a special "mode" and gain access to extremely powerful moves. This expands his Soul and Soul Wavelength and enables him to take various forms to execute his unique moveset. Part of this ability stems from his powers as a Shinigami. In addition, this "mode"also grants him some sort of scoping vision, enabling him to "lock on" onto a target as If he was watching his targets on display.
- Death Cannon (Desu Kyanon): After entering Execution Mode, the Soul Resonance between Kid and the Demon Twin Guns allow them to enter a more powerful transformation known as Death Cannon. Operating similarly, the shots in which fired from the cannon is more heavier and powerful then the ordinary gun form. It was sufficient enough to defeat Black☆Star and Soul Eater with ease as well as destroy the Mechanical Clowns.
- First and Last Certain Kill Attack: A category of techniques in which Kid can perform. While extremely powerful, the technique used require the use of Death's Wavelength and as such, cannot be again performed once done.
- Parent's Seven Rays (Pearentsu Sebunn Reizu): Using Death's Wavelength, Kid can send a powerful attack of extreme power. It is, perhaps, Kid's most powerful move witnessed. After entering Execution Mode, resonate resonate with his weapons, connect one of the Lines of Sanzu, and transform them to their Death Eagle .42 transformation, their "Wavelength circuits" connect. The next stage, known as Coffin Construction (Koffinn Kouchiku), is when Kid fabricates five small coffins that are in the shape of cannons, which subsequently proceed to float in a symmetrical formation behind him. These coffins have triggers attached to them that look like Death's mask. Connecting the second Line of Sanzu, the next stage is known as Commencing Rotation (Kaiten Kaishi) in which Death the Kid apparently makes the air in the immediate vicinity spin into a tornado, through the use of his Lines of Sanzu. The final stage, known as Coffin Release (Koffinn Kaihou), then has Kid point his weapons upward and release the coffin's covering, spreading ,multiple, powerful rays of light capable of killing the Horror Dragonand Noah (Greed), decimating the former's body.
- Sanzu Death Cannon: While within a near-death state in which he uses power from his father, Death, Kid can access his most powerful weapon transformation. After establishing a temporary three Lines of Sanzu connection, he can create a large, golden cannon in which raises the Soul Resonance rate at 2000%, far higher then any of his previous transformations. The cannon fire shoots out a green and red-colored stream in which mixes together to create a larger stream. This stream was capable of injuring Asura, knocking the latter's state from his giant form to his normal, humane form.
- Both Liz and Patty collect and store souls within their magazines in pistol form.
- In the popularity poll taken by the manga's readers, Liz ranked 13th.
- Liz scored 28 on the Super Written Exam.
- Liz and Patty's surname is a reference to the infamous Thompson submachine gun used by gangsters of the 1920s and 30s. In addition, their weapon form resembles the Beretta 92FS or the M9 pistols used by the United States Armed Forces.