Ed Horace is one of the three main protagonist from the Ed, Edd n Eddy series.
A lovable, astoundingly strong doofus who serves as the muscle of the Eds. Ed has a number of odd obsessions, including Sci-Fi and horror movies and comics, chickens, buttered toast, and gravy. An overdose of b-movies and comic books has apparently loosened his grip on reality, making him both spacey and easily-swayed.
In the AWA fics, Ed, known as Edwin Horace Hill, is a student at the AWA Academy. Ed is also part of the AWA Rookie 20 and is ranked # 6.
In the XP4 fics, Ed, known as Edwin Horace Williams, debuted in the XP4 Heroes Coalition - Neo-City Diaries.
Ed along with Eddy and Double D lives in place called Peach Creek, Cul-de-sac where they would spent their everyday lives scamming the neighborhoods kids for money.
Ed does not seem to have a noteworthy relationship with any member of his family, as his father usually seems uninterested and his mother often chooses Sarah's side over his.
Even though Ed's parents have never been fully seen on screen, Ed's remarks and Sarah's threats give a decent impression as to what their household is like. It is also made clear that Sarah is spoiled and Ed often gets the blame for any problem that occurs in or around the house.
His life became better after some events.
A very tall young man with short-orange hair, blue eyes and yellowish skin. His choice of clothing changes on occasion but he kept on his trademark green jacket.
Despite Ed's intimidating look, he is kind, good-natured, and happy-go-lucky with a positive attitude towards almost everything and everyone he encounters. He is the type of person who sees everybody he meets as a potential friend. Ed is also very absent-minded, stupid and naive, making him the perfect candidate for Eddy to help him with his scams, as Ed hardly ever questions them. Even so, Ed never feels abused by Eddy despite being the workhorse for almost all of Eddy's scams.
But never make him mad, Ed is really scary when he's mad.
He also vast amount of comic book knowledge that can be proven useful at times. Ed is a loyal fan of low-budget horror movies and comic books, but often misinterprets them as reality. He is an animal lover as well, with chickens being his favorite animals, a running gag throughout the series.
Ed is a member of the Heroes Coalitions and is the part of the Bullet Kingdom(formerly known as New Age Avengers). He also attends the Vanguard Academy.
XP4 Heroes Coalition - Neo-City Diaries
In Chapter 17, Ed, alongside Eddy Skipper McGee, Eddward Marion "Double D, Edd" Smith and Rolf Yrmi are seen sitting on a sidewalk of the cul-de-sac in Peach Creek when Marcus "The Kane" McGee greeted them. The five then began to argue about going to camp is good or bad when a bus arrived with a large hand grabbing all of them and pulling them inside. They then met Major Richard Stronghold where they learned a bit about the Training Camp. Later, they arrived the Training Camp and were in awe upon seeing the place. After meeting Penelope von Steiner and Yoshika Miyafuji at the lobby area, Yoshika began to show them around the Training Camp and even meeting Danny Fenton, Jake Long and Randy Cunningham at the training area. After the tour, they decided to call it the night and made their way to their designated rooms with Ed, Edd and Rolf sharing a room together.
In Chapter 19, Ed, alongside Marcus "The Kane" McGee, Eddward Marion "Double D, Edd" Smith, Eddy Skipper McGee and Rolf Yrmi, started their first day in training with the other trainees. During the training session with Major Strong Hold in the training area, Ed took part of running back and forth at the spacious gym. Later during the training session with the Scout, Ed, alongside Jake Long and Red, are seen climbing a wall only for them to fall on the other side with the wall falling on top of the Scout. Later, during a training session with the Heavy, Ed tosses a heavy disk at ease and later witnessed Double D accidentally tossing a heavy disk backwards and hitting Eddy on the head, knocking his friend out silly. Later, Ed, alongside everyone, were seen jogging on a flight of stairs of the Mayor's Town Hall when he accidentally tripped, hitting everyone on the process before falling down in slow motion. Later that night and after a whole day of training, Ed took part of the little get-together at the training facility's cafeteria.
In Chapter 21, Ed, alongside Rolf Yrmi and Kaoru Matsubara, witnessed Eddy Skipper McGee getting kicked in the nards by Nonon Jakuzure and made fun of him by laughing at his pain.
Ed has demonstrated the ability to manipulate and produce powerful electricity from his body.
List of Attacks
- Electro Connect - charges his fist with electricity before punching his targets.
Ed also possessed an unspecified super-strength. Ed fights like a street brawler and knows a few wrestling moves, and is bale to take damages in ease.
Ed learned how to use chakra and magic. He also learned six moves of the Rokushiki and also gained the power to use Busoshoku Haki.
Ed is a Blessed he gain the ability to generate and shoot out bolts of electricity and even covers his entire body with electricity like a shield.
- Volt Tackle/Train - charging his entire body with golden electricity before tackling his targets like an angry bull.
- Electric Fence - creates a fence made of sparks of electricity to trap or slow down a target's progress.
- Electro Sphere - creates a ball of electricity in his hands before throwing it at his target.
- Electro Shot - shoots out electricity from his finger like a bullet.
- Thunder Lance - creates a trident-like lightning bolt that pierces through his targets.
- Ed along with Eddy are the first characters from Ed, Edd n Eddy to appear in the AWA fics.
- Ed's hair color is red/ginger, as seen in "Over Your Ed."
- Ed's most prominent facial features are his monobrow and his lack of noticeable chin, both of which are often referenced by other characters, particularly Eddy.
- Despite his horrible hygiene and noted lack of toothpaste use, Ed has noticeably white teeth, whereas other characters, such as Rolf and two of the Kanker sisters (Lee and Marie), are shown with visibly yellow teeth.
- In "Smile for the Ed" , Ed's middle name is revealed to be "Horace".
- In the AWA fics, Ed's last name is derived from his voice actor, Matt Hill.
- In the Heroes Coalition fics, much to everyone's surprise, Ed was the first person to discover that the Emotionless are made from human souls.
- In the XP4 fics, Ed was the first person to mention the Desponicans.
- In the XP4 fics, Ed attends Professor Dominator's Galaxy Class.
- In the XP4 fics, Ed is dating Trixie Lulamoon.
- In the XP4 fics. Ed and Trixie are currently the reigning champions of the Halo Marathon Games.
- In the XP4 fics, Ed once shared a room with Double D and Rolf. After the renovations, he now shares a room with Trixie, Adagio Dazzle and Precious Dazzle.
- (to Trixie Lulamoon) "Please be careful... walking backwards is very dangerous."
- (to Trixie Lulamoon) "And I'm your friend! A friend to the Great and Powerful Trixie!"
- (to Trixie Lulamoon) "I'll kill myself if I lie!"
- (to the Rising Stars) "HIT THEM HARD! LASER GUN! MACHINE GUN! OVERRATED GAMMA GRENADES! DESTROY ALL SCUMS MADE OF METAL!!"
- "Just because I'm less educated doesn't mean that I'm not smart."