Duncan Rosenblatt, also known as Firebreather, is the main protagonist of the Firebreather comics and animated film.
Duncan is a high school teen with a typical suburban soccer mom who wants him to get into a good college and a 120-foot firebreathing dragon father, who wants him to follow in his foot steps--conquering the Earth and inheriting the throne of King of Kaiju; they share custody. Like every other teenager, he struggles to fit in with his peers. His being half-dragon further complicates matters. Duncan is completely resigned to his outcast status and has really stopped caring all that much. His awkward family arrangement forces him and his mother to move a lot.
In the AWA fics, Duncan is a student at the AWA Academy.
In the XP4 fics, Duncan debuted in the XP4 Heroes Coalition - Neo-City Diaries.
Duncan is a tall and wide shouldered young man, with a shock of blonde hair and bright brown eyes. It is there where his human characteristics end. Duncan has bright orange skin, a lot of small horns that protrude from his forehead, four fingered hands and toes and a pair of small wings that sprout from just above his shoulder blades.
His battle armor consists of a golden harness that covers his shoulder blades and the center of his chest, with a few interlocking plates. In addition, he had bracers that cover his forearms. Outside of that, he wears a pair of skin-tight red pants.
When not prepared for battle, Duncan dresses like any other high school aged boy.
Duncan is essentially a good kid, that has lost hope that he could ever live a normal life. He walks about with a massive chip on his shoulder, always expecting rejection from anyone new that he encounters, and embraces his outcast status. He generally tends to attach himself to other individuals that find themselves on the fringe of society as they tend to be less judgemental. Due to the constant teasing and harrassment he has received over the years, Duncan has little to no patience for bullies and the authority figures who allow them to get away with it.
Duncan has a fearsome temper that he struggles to remain in control of. He knows that the world that surrounds him is a fragile one, and that if he loses control for a single moment someone could die.
Duncan is part of the Heroes Coalitions and is a member of the Pact as it's leader. He also attends at Vanguard Academy as a student.
XP4 Heroes Coalition - Neo-City Diaries
In Chapter 12, Duncan, alongside Allen Walker, Chad Mordetzky and Lavi, are seen by the bleachers in the Training Camp when Sylvia van Hossen and Raya Amanda joined them. After having a conversation with the girls, he witnessed Alden Cole bumping on Raya with the latter getting angry when he called her various words about Raya's short stature. And when Raya went berserk and chased after Alden, Duncan and the others worked together to stop Raya from killing Alden. Later that day at the mall, they watched and laughed at Alden while being used as a pack mule by Sylvia and Raya.
In Chapter 18, Duncan, alongside Raya Amanda, are seen having a date in the spacious courtyard of the Dormitory Village when they took notice of Marcus "The Kane" McGee. The three had a conversation and quickly became good friends.
In Chapter 19, Duncan, alongside the others, are joined by the new recruits Eddy Skipper McGee, Marcus "The Kane" McGee, Eddward Marion "Double D, Edd" Smith, Edwin Horace "Ed" Williams and Rolf Yrmi in the day's training. Later that night and after a whole day of training, Duncan took part of the little get-together at the training facility's cafeteria.
In Chapter 20, Duncan, alongside Kenny Rogers and Cesaro Barbossa, are seen having conversations in the streets when Marcus "The Kane" McGee carrying Karizza Stronghold in his back, they had a small conversation before parting ways.
XP4 Heroes Coalition - Mission Chronicles
In Chapter 3, Duncan is mentioned by Aria "Arinah" Sakurada going on a date with Raya Amanda.
- Superhuman Strength: As the son of the Kaiju's king, Duncan's has extremely great physical strength. He can easily lift heavy things and scratch metal with his claws and teeth.
- Superhuman Stamina: Duncan has very great resistance and stamina. He can survive from a fall that a normal human wouldn't be able to withstand. He did not sustain injury when his father threw him in a magma lake.
- Flight: As a human/Kaiju hybrid, Duncan can spread wings from his back.
- Fire Breath: Duncan's most powerful ability is fire breathing. He inherits this from his father, Belloc.
- Superhuman Speed: Duncan can run and move faster than normal humans.
- Razor Sharp Claws: Duncan has razor sharp claws that he can use to fight. He utilized this ability to tear apart rocks thrown by a Kaiju who was attacking him.
- Razor Sharp Teeth: Duncan can use his teeth but he has used this ability only when he was falling from the jet.
- Superhuman Senses: Duncan uses this ability to feel persons or the danger around him. He utilizes this ability often to sense the danger of an incoming Kaiju.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Duncan's reflexes are razor sharp compared to that of a normal human.
- Superhuman Agility: Duncan can jump, climb and ran with ease. This was shown in the movie as he ran and climbed the various obstacles around his school while running from bullies.
- Superhuman Durability: Duncan is very resilient and can be pushed further, harder, and faster than normal humans.
- In the movie, Duncan is shown to be a fairly quick learner as he was shown being able to manipulate the flames that he breaths into forming a fiery halo above Blitz's head when Blitz and Margaret Rosenblatt were talking.
- In the XP4 fics, Duncan is currently dating Raya Amanda but later broke-up.