Death the Kid is one of the main characters from the Soul Eater anime and manga.
Son of the Grim Reaper and meister to Liz and Patty. He is a very gifted meister whose only flaw is his crippling OCD, which manifests as an obsessive need to have everything be symmetrical. Hence, his naturally asymmetrical hairstyle is a source of great angst for him.
In the XP4 fics, Kid debuted in XP4 Heroes Coalition - Kick-Off!.
In the AWA fics, Kid is a student at the AWA Academy and is part of Class 8.
Described as possessing an "uptight personality" by Franken Stein, Death the Kid is known to be a normally calm and mature individual compared to those like Black☆Star and Soul Eater. Throughout the series, he's shown to be prideful of his status as a Shinigami, wanting to become the next full-fledged Shinigami and inheriting his father's responsibilities. However, he also wants to do so in his own unique way, even telling his own father he wants to makes his own weapons to his specifications despite Death informing him that as a Shinigami, he doesn't really need to collect souls. According to Black☆Star's testament of his view on Death the Kid, despite being a Shinigami he is also capable of being humane and not displaying the typical arrogance of someone who has the status of a god. This is true, so much so that he even see's himself partly as a human and expressed this fact to Asura.
Kid also has a great sense of morality and order, having expressed to the Flying Dutchman that despite being a god, he doesn't deny evil and that there's no one person without some evil within them. However, he believes that everything is about balance instead and strives to keep the balance between "good" and "evil" in equilibrium. When expressing this, he also informed the Flying Dutchman that cares little for other's view on the subject and strives for a "absolutely" perfect world, granting no one freedom to kill. Kid's view on balance is partly due to his father's teachings to him on order as a child. Despite favoring order, he also aware of not following it blindly. He's quick to question his own father's actions when he had the DWMA storm into Baghdad when searching for Asura and explained that it's wrong to impose their will on others, though was understanding and sympathetic of his father when he realized that due to the threat of Asura, his father doesn't have the luxury of "playing it safe" and may be reckless in his decisions. When the majority of Spartoi was ordered to execute Crona, Kid was the only one who supported the action, citing that Crona's actions were unforgivable and even alluded that the reason why they were ordered to do so by his father was for them to decide how to face Crona but said that both them and "order" must move forward to take care of the threat Crona possessed.
Kid is also extremely humble, shown when he pleaded to the Witch Order, the Witch Judge, and the Witch Queen to assist the DWMA in stopping The Clowns and pushed for both Humans, Witches, the DWMA, and the Witch Order to have better relations. He also put good faith and trust into the Witch Order, despite the protests of Azusa Yumi. He also explained to Azusa that merely holding ideals means nothing and one must realize that people must make an effort to make things better and that If being an adult means "stapling out ideals" because of experience, he doesn't mind being called "Kid". Because of his views, Azusa comments that he is also pushy, much like his father.
Like his father, he also has a fierce and much darker side in his personality. While normally calm and collective, Kid is still susceptible to being angered, such as when Mosquito insulted his father and when Noah's Group announced their plan to assassinate Maka Albarn, he showed a considerable amount of anger. When he later faced Noah (Greed) on his plans of "replacing the gods", Kid even gave him a death threat, in which was guaranteed when he used the Parent's Seven Rays attack on the Sorcerer, killing him.
Despite his great capabilities, Kid also possesses some flaws, most notable him being a perfectionist to the point of having OCD/OD-esque qualities. Described as being "too much of a perfectionist", he initially was very obsessed and concerned with orderliness and paying excessively close attention to detail so much so he complained about Liz and Patty's breast size being irregular, chose them as weapons due to their twin appearance in their weapon forms, and even refused to attack the Wrath of the Pharaoh due to symmetry. As well as this, he dislikes the fact that his Lines of Sanzuwere incomplete and upon Liz pointing it out, he called himself an ugly pig and worthless piece of garbage until he was quickly cheered up by his fellow weapon partners. He is even physically repulsed by asymmetrical arrangements to the point he almost vomited at the sight. Due to his wanting to be precise in detail, it even took him over a month to help Liz pluck her eyebrows; in addition, he fails an entire test due to being unable to correctly write his name symmetrically and accidentally ripping the paper while erasing, before being reduced to tears, causing him to cough up blood and faint. He also let Crona and Ragnarok get away to admire the sky and it's symmetry. Despite being enrolled in counseling, it remained as a fatal and dangerous flaw. Even the mere sight of something asymmetrical causes him to become more aggressive, not only killing the Wrath of the Pharaoh in a fit of rage, but also destroying the Pyramid Anubisdue to his recklessness. In actuality, this part of his personality is a manifestation of the Madness of Order due to being a part of Death himself, a fact he himself is unaware of.
Despite this flaw, he is noticeable not unaffected by his father's appearance despite it being asymmetrical possibly due to his immense respect for him. This is a bit more evident when Kid was shown to even willingly sport the same robes of what his father wears on missions. As time passes throughout the series (and the anime), he becomes less affected of his perfectionist nature and matures enough to accept it, though will still occasionally bicker over small details. This remains true even when he became a true Shinigami. One of the earliest examples of this improvement is displayed when he claims not to care about the DWMA's broken spike as Black☆Star begins to descend into madness during their second duel.
Kid has his own, odd quirks. His favorite number is eight due to its symmetry and, according to Liz, was willing to try and place himself in exactly eight seconds during a 100 meter dash test and end up not meeting the time. He can also be somewhat overconfident in his ability, feeling the need to not study Soul Studies just because he was a Shinigami. Due to his perfectionist personality, he is the type of person to recall and correct people on the small of detail, pointing out even when infected by the Madness of Power to Black☆Star he never punched him and instead used his heel during their fight when Black☆Star erroneously stated he punched him into submission, something the assassin noted to be unique to Kid.
Death the Kid appeared as a thin, teenaged young man who is a bit shorter than Liz and Patty and reaches only up a little past the latter's shoulder. At this point, he is 158 centimeters tall (about 5 feet, 2 inches).
Kid's eyes have two shades of yellow ringing around his pupil. The outside ring is a bright yellow while the inner ring is a dark yellow, similar to the color of gold. He typically sports a standard black suit with white rectangles. The rectangles are placed in a manner that is completely symmetrical. There are at least six small rectangles along the seam where the sleeves attach to the jacket, and four small rectangles run along the front of his jacket. His undershirt is a formal white dress shirt, and a metallic skull rests under his collar, and could be used as a tie. His color scheme is meant to copy his father's. He also sports black hair with three white stripes, known as the Lines of Sanzu, along the left side of his hairline.
When observed by an individual with Soul Perception in account of his personality, his soul appears in a orange-red color with white stripes representing the Lines of Sanzu. When expanding, however, the color of his soul changes to that of blue hue with white lines, along with dark, Death Claws surrounding the soul. Later in the manga, his soul expands, gaining a large skull mask on the surface of his soul along with black skull masks surrounding the soul. They resemble Death's current mask.
On some missions, Kid dons a cloak and mask that resemble his father's current wear out of pure enjoyment of liking it. Kid also wore a similar cloak during his mission to infiltrate Baba Yaga Castle, although this cloak resembled not his father's Shinigami robe but his usual dress jacket, except as a longcoat. Kid also will don different clothing during other activities, such as as a white dress suit for the Death Weapon Meister Academy Eve Anniversary party, looser (and even asymmetrical) clothing for playing basketball, warmer attire for the battle for Brew on Lost Island, and formal-casual clothing for parties at Gallows Mansion or Maka and Soul's apartment.
After the time-skip and being rescued by Spartoi and joining, he appears slightly more aged and taller, enough to almost reach to his father's shoulder. His attire changed to that of alater attire that consists of white dress shirt, black tie, a white sports jacket similar to that of Liz and Patty, a white suit jacket with the Spartoi symbol on its left sleeve, navy pants, and white shoes.
He later wears a simple black shirt with a black jacket along with black shoes when acting independently. His color scheme have further seem to mimic his father, the only variation in color now from his face. Upon his departure from the Moon to negotiate with the witches, Kid returns to his previous look before the timeskip.
During his time under the influence of the Madness of Power inside the Book of Eibon, Kid sports a black suit with white stripes and a white cravat along with black pants and black shoes. He also appears to have 5 black lines on the area of the mouth and lips, appears as if his mouth is sewed shut.
According to both Liz and Patty, Kid shares a resemblance to Asura.
Upon connecting the Lines of Sanzu during his battle against Asura on the Moon, Kid's appearance changes for the remainder of the series. Kid is shown wearing a black cape similar to his father's, though he keeps his skull brooch. His pupils change to skull shapes, though they remain golden. His Sanzu lines are fully connected and are "floating" around his head. These changes are due to him becoming a full Shinigami. As soon as Kid returned from the fight on the Moon, the Lines of Sanzu settled on his hair once more, making him fully symmetrical.
His soul takes on a different appearance, the size being about the size of The Moon in the Soul Eater world. In addition, his soul looks exactly like his own late father's soul, with 3 spikes protuding that makes the entire soul resemble like that of one of his skull masks.
Kid is a member of the Heroes Coalitions and is the leader of the Death City Squad. He also attends at Vanguard Academy as a student.
XP4 Heroes Coalition - Kick-Off!
In Chapter 9, Kid, alongside his team, the Death City Squad, are seen in a large desert taking on several gigantic Emotionless. After defeating the creatures, Kid then made an urgent order to head back to Neo-City after hearing that Donzerg Stronghold plans on painting the La Lopez Memorial Museum with rainbow paint in a zigzag pattern, much to everyone's bewilderment.
XP4 Heroes Coalition - Remnant Chronicles
In Chapter 1, Kid, alongside the Death City Squad, Qrow Branwen, Jaune Arc, Lie Ren and Nora Valkyrie, arrives in Mistral. They later met up with Leonardo Lionheart at the Haven Academy where Qrow told him information about the Spring Maiden but Leonardo delays going after her, much to their frustration. Kid, alongside Qrow and Brook, are seen in a bar contemplating what should they do next when Oscar Pine arrives and asked Qrow that he wants his cane back. Qrow chuckled and handed the staff to Oscar, and proceeds to get more drinks. Later that night, Kid, Qrow and Brook took Oscar to their house and introduced him to the others, Oscar then revealed that he's Ozpin, much to everyone's bewilderment.
In Chapter 2, Kid, alongside the Death City Squad, Qrow Branwen, Jaune Arc, Lie Ren and Nora Valkyrie, are seen inside their current residence somewhere in Mistral where they had a conversation about Oscar Pine being Ozpin. They then witnessed Ozpin taking over Oscar, reintroducing himself, telling them his plans to retrieve the Relic of Knowledge and decided to train Oscar alongside Ruby Rose, Jaune, Ren and Nora, much to everyone's confusion and bewilderment.
In Chapter 6, Kid, alongside his team, are seen in the living room in their residence somewhere in Mistral when Qrow Branwen, Kiba Inuzuka, Akamaru, Yang Xiao Long, Weiss Schnee, Ichika Orimura and Tomomichi Motoyama arrives. Kid and the others watches Ruby Rose reunited with Yang and Weiss, much to their joy.
In Chapter 7, Kid took part of a dinner get-together at the residence somewhere in Mistral. After Ichika Orimura and Tomomichi Motoyama left for another mission in Atlas, they had a conversation about their recent experiences, Ruby Rose, Jaune Arc, Nora Valkyrie & Lie Ren revealing their Gifts and Ruby & Jaune revealing that they're a couple, much to Weiss' shock and Yang's ire. Later in the living room, they were joined by Qrow Branwen, Oscar Pine and Ozpin, everyone are present when Ozpin explains to them about the magic he gave to Qrow & Raven Branwen and detailed that everyone had a choice. After that, everyone decided to keep moving forward and decided to enjoy the rest of the night.
In Chapter 10, Kid, alongside his team, Yang Xiao Long, Weiss Schnee, Jaune Arc, Lie Ren, Nora Valkyrie, Qrow Branwen and Oscar Pine/Ozpin are seen gathered in their residence somewhere in Mistral. Qrow then got a call from Leonardo Lionheart and told them to meet them in school however, Shadow the Hedgehog revealed that an ambush awaits for them, much to everyone's shock. After that, they decided to counter their enemies with an ambush of their own.
Madness Takehold (Hakkyou): Being exposed to this capable from the Great Old One of Power, Kid has the ability to call upon his inner Madness (Madness of Order) and boost his own power to his full potential. When exposed the first time, it turns him insane, gaining a different mindset, and allowed for more brutal attacks. After regaining his sanity, he also gained the power for it the done while sane though normally done in small increments. The downside is using it for too long subjects him to going mad with Madness. He normally utilizes this when Maka Albarn and Soul Eater are around. When in this state, the "emotion required" is what he calls a "cool and deliberate intent to kill". Both forms give him a darker attire compared to his Spartoi outfit. While his insane mindset gives him lines down his mouth to appear as If sown shut, his sane mindset lacks that feature.
- Full Power: When using Madness Takehold, his power is upped to it's maximum capacity. When using this, it allowed him to physically contend with the likes of Black☆Star as well as enabled him to easily Clown within the decimate the Clown Army as well as overpower them.
Lines of Sanzu (Za Rain obu Sanzu): is a special trait exclusive to a Death God represented by the either three white lines on the head around the individual, white breaks within the hair, or white halos surrounding the head. They're the key to many of Kid's power. As he grows stronger and older, the more lines connect.
- First Line of Sanzu: Release (Dai 1 Rain Obu Sanzu - Tenkai): A technique in which uses the Lines of Sanzu offensively. Expanding it, Kid then uses the technique to power himself up, resulting in a small, powerful wave around him capable of killing a Clown wrapped around his body.
- Connection with Death & "Emergency State" : Due to possessing the Lines of Sanzu and being Death's son, Kid maintains a connection to Death. When in an life threatening situation and was nearly killed by Asura, Kid was able to tap into the power of the Lines of Sanzu (and as a result, his own father's own). When in this "emergency state", he gains unbelievable power in which his technique could decimate even Asura, a powerful Kishin with sufficient power to defeat Death, in his Giant Form.
- Death's Wavelength:Death the Kid had a special wavelength within his Lines of Sanzu in which seems to originate from his father. When he discarded it in his ultimate attack, he described himself as no longer needing to ride on his "Father's coattails", and the wavelength itself created a technique powerful enough to kill a Dragon.
Shinigami Powers (Shinigami no chikara): Due to the Lines of Sanzu, Death the Kid has a set of plethora of powers in which he can call upon. Many of the these powers are variations or the same abilities displayed by his father, Death.
- Collect (Kaishū; also "Soul Collect"): A capability in which allows a Death God to collect the souls of the decease into their body.
- Materialization: Kid is capable of materializing a variety of items, namely both his skateboard and jets to assist him in battle.
- Death Call: After performing hand signs, Kid then creates a skull-shaped magic circle in which can allow conversation between himself and his father in a holographic form.
- Death Arm Blocking (Desuāmu burokkingu): A technique in which Kid can manifest and create skull shields similar to his father's own Death Block to protect himself. He unlocked this after connecting one of the Lines of Sanzu.
- Death Claw (Shinigami Kurō): After connecting the first Line of Sanzu, Death the Kid gained access to one of his father's techniques in which he can use dark, skull-shaped tendrils to grip other objects. His variant, however, plays a supportive role and was only shown capable of using the technique to attach his previously cut off arms back in place.
True Death God State: After having connected the Three Lines of Sanzu, Kid permanently attained a newer state, becoming a true Death God and replacing his father as the true Death God of the world. After attaining this state, he can switch between his normal form (with all three Lines simply connected) or a form in which shapes his eyes like that of his father's mask and a long cloak reminiscent of his father's own.
- Madness Wavelength (Kyōki no hachō): After connecting all his Lines of Sanzu, Kid gained a Madness Wavelength capable of spreading in a specific area. It's unknown how powerful his Madness Wavelength truly is.
- Madness of Order (Chūmon no kyōki): After gaining his complete form, he unlocked the ability of using the Madness of Order, in which is able to turn eclipse human emotion under its influence and suppress human emotion, leaving only a mechanical cycle of life and death. However, like his father, he opts out use of this ability. With the Madness of Order, Asura's comments stated that this madness has the ability to counteract even his own Madness.
- Permanent Power Increase: After attaining this form, his power would skyrocket to god-like levels, his soul swelling to around his own father's level. The pinnacle of his power, however, is never seen though it is described as equally or being slightly worse than Black☆Star and also under that of Asura, though the latter comments that his attacks performed are better than when done before his ascension.
Black Needle Wavelength: In the anime, Death the Kid has been described as possessing a Black Needle Wavelength in which allows the Demon Twin Guns into using Death Cannon, a technique utilized while in Execution Mode.
Multiple Resonance Stabilization: Death the Kid can match and stabilize his own Soul Wavelength with more then one Demon Weapon at a time.
Gun-Type Meister: Death the Kid is extremely skilled Gun-Type weapon, with the Demon Twin Guns as his standard weapons. When in usage of these weapons, the weapons shoot out compress bullets made out of his wavelength. Ordinary shots from these guns and his Wavelength are strong enough to cause pain even for Free, a Werewolf and Immortal and destroy the Pyramid Anubis as well as utterly decimate the Wrath of the Pharaoh's entire body. With his Death Eagle .42 transformation, his own shots can even deal damage to Mosquito in his 400 Years Ago form as well as easily decimate the body of a Clown. With his Death Cannon without assistance from Soul's Piano, Kid is powerful enough to defeat Black☆Star and Soul Eater with two shots as well as break through Kaguya's Heavenly Raiment Wall despite it's constant healing. In the anime, his Sanzu Death Cannon's shoots were powerful enough to descimate Asura in his giant form.
- Marksmanship: In terms of his ability in Marksmanship, Death the Kid's marksmanship skills are extremely accurate and sharp. He's being skilled enough to shoot down thousands of Mosquito's bats with a two powerful technique as well as shoot at hilts of 4 blades at a rapid pace and juggle Crona in the air with his own shots for several seconds. In addition, he also possesses eye in which acts as a scope for locking onto targets. It's unknown If this trait exists outside Execution Mode, however.
Soul Perception (Tamashī kanchi): Kid possess the ability to skillfully perceive and sense the souls of other beings. While perceptive, it is not on Maka Albarn's level.
Death God Physiology:Due to being a Death God, Death the Kid possess a physiology far more advance then most beings in the series, especially that of humans. He's stated himself that he's immune to toxins and heals much faster then any normal human being can. Despite receiving moderate damage during his battle against Mosquito in his form from 400 years ago, he was able to heal quickly and move on.
- Regeneration:Despite having been beaten savagely and drilled by the Pharaoh, Death the Kid has an astounding healing factor in which heals him from normally fatal injuries in seconds.
Enhanced Durability: Combined with his healing factor, Death the Kid is a resilient individual. He's been able to take punishment from the likes of Mosquito and Kaguya.
Enhanced Strength: Though not as strong as the likes of Black☆Star or Auntie, Kid still possesses above-average strength. Combined with his martial arts, he's capable of sending his opponents into the air and able to create craters with the use of his legs. He was also capable of lifting Fisher King and overpowered a strong Clown creature.
Enhanced Speed: Additionally, Kid is by far one of the fastest characters seen in the series, quite possibly faster than even Black☆Star. His speed is so remarkable that even Crona wasn't able to see his movements. Professor Stein regards Kid as the most mobile of the group.
Martial Arts (Budō): A master martial artist by the time of his inclusion in Death Weapon Meister Academy, he was superior to the likes of both Soul Eater and Black☆Star, the latter whom specialized in performing in martial arts. Kid was able to gain the upper-hand on one occasion with Black☆Star during which the latter suffered from a blocked wavelength and stalemated the assassin in their second altercation while under the influence of the Madness of Power.
- Death God Taijutsu (Shishin Taijutsu): Kid's signature martial art in which he mastered. This martial art focuses on utlizing different "stances" in which the user's attacks or defense is augmented depending on the stance. This martial arts is also able to be used with Demon Weapons, as Kid has used some of these stances with Liz and Patty in their weapon forms like Tonfas.
- Death God Taijutsu: "Crime" Stance (Shishin Taijutsu "Tsumi" no Kamae; FUNimation"Reaper Combat Art: "Sin" Stance"): One of Kid's stances within his Death God Taijutsu. This particular stance has Kid's fighting style change, using the Demon Twin Guns as tonfas and moving at quick speeds. In terms of skill, it completely outclassed Crona though were unfazed by his attacks due to their Black Blood.
- Death God Taijutsu: "Punishment" Stance (Shishin Taijutsu "Batsu" no Kamae): This stance of Kid's own admittance is more defensive then his Crime stance, with the focus in this stance being defense. While in this stance, he was capable of defending himself from Mosquito's attacks and was more inclined utilized defensive powers (Death Arm Blocking). However, his defense aren't inprentable, as he was unable to use this stance against Mosquito's Darkness Discord.
- Death God Taijutsu: "Mad Crime" Stance (Shishin Taijutsu: "Kyōzai" no Kamae): The most offensive, brutal stance that Kid can take. He used this style while under the effect of his own Madness. After connecting a single Sanzu line, Kid's attack become more powerful, taking advantages of exposed weakpoints and attacking them with brutal strength. It was capable of surprising Black☆Star, who was later blown away from his attacks.
Skateboarder: Death the Kid's ability with a skateboard such as Beelzebub is immense, being skilled enough to ride it like that of a normal skateboard as well as even use it offensive in combat. He was able to grind on Medusa Gorgon's Vector Arrow with extreme ease as he avoid the attack to get around her.
Artist: Kid possess some skill in drawing, in which may have manifested thanks to his perfectionist tendencies.
Death's Cloak: After his father's death, he took his cloak as his own. This cloak is capable of transforming it's shape to the wearer's own or desire. It can also self repair itself from damage.
Kid's Cloak: A outfit in which consists of a cloak and a mask that matches his father's own. Kid tends to wear this on his missions assigned to him by his father. According to him, he personally likes his cloak. It offers no advantages, however. At times, a mask may be absent.
Beelzebub (Beruzebubu): With his Shinigami Powers, Kid can manifest his flight-capable skateboard to traverse to locations. His skateboard is capable of flying at 300 miles per hour, able to keep up the with the renown Runaway Express.
- Tornado Flip (Torunēdo Furippu): A technique in which Kid launches his skateboard spinning at a target, capable of tearing off the Wrath of the Pharoh's wrappings.
- Death Slide (Desu Raido): A technique of simply applying Kid's great agility and grinding on an enemy's attack. Kid displayed this capability of being able to grind on Medusa's Vector Arrow x3 attack, dodging her other incoming arrows.
Shinigami Jets: After connecting the second Lines of Sanzu, Kid gained the same capability as his father in which he could create two, skull shaped jets behind him. The speed in which he flies is comparable to that of his Beelzebub skateboard, though the exact extent is unknown.
Partnering with Liz and Patty
Demon Twin Guns (Ni-chō Makenjū) : With use of the Demon Twin Guns, Death the Kid is capable of using their weapon form's ability to condense his soul wavelength and fire powerful bullets capable from stunning and injuring an individual to lethal levels capable of destroying bodies (such as the likes of the Wrath of the Pharaoh) depending on the situation.
- Sanzu River Shot (Sansu Ribaa Shotto; FUNimation "River Syx Shot"):Kid shoots out a quick stream of bullets from each of his partners, with both Weapons aimed symmetrically. In the anime, he shoots the three shots in quick succession.
- Death Eagle .42 (,Desu Īguru Fōtītoū): After connecting the first of the Lines of Sanzu and onward, Kid can resonate with both of his weapons to unlock a more powerful gun transformation. This form significantly upgrades the caliber of Kid's usual shots, and upgrades the "soul-width" that the guns can fire their Soul Wavelength from the norm .38 to .42. From this form, the shots and techniques in which he can utilize is capable of damaging the likes of Mosquito and the members of the Clown Army , in which some within the latter were killed in a single shot.
- Sanzu Falls Shot (Sanzufōrushotto): Kid raises his arms and shots downward in a powerful steam of Soul Wavelength-powered bullets. This technique was capable of damaging Mosquito considerably and cancel out his Darkness Discord technique.
- Execution Mode (Shikei Shikkō Mōdo):With the use of his Demon Twin Guns, Death the Kid can enter a special "mode" and gain access to extremely powerful moves. This expands his Soul and Soul Wavelength and enables him to take various forms to execute his unique moveset. Part of this ability stems from his powers as a Shinigami. In addition, this "mode"also grants him some sort of scoping vision, enabling him to "lock on" onto a target as If he was watching his targets on display.
- Death Cannon (Desu Kyanon): After entering Execution Mode, the Soul Resonance between Kid and the Demon Twin Guns allow them to enter a more powerful transformation known as Death Cannon. Operating similarly, the shots in which fired from the cannon is more heavier and powerful then the ordinary gun form. It was sufficient enough to defeat Black☆Star and Soul Eater with ease as well as destroy the Mechanical Clowns.
- First and Last Certain Kill Attack: A category of techniques in which Kid can perform. While extremely powerful, the technique used require the use of Death's Wavelength and as such, cannot be again performed once done.
- Parent's Seven Rays (Pearentsu Sebunn Reizu): Using Death's Wavelength, Kid can send a powerful attack of extreme power. It is, perhaps, Kid's most powerful move witnessed. After entering Execution Mode, resonate resonate with his weapons, connect one of the Lines of Sanzu, and transform them to their Death Eagle .42 transformation, their "Wavelength circuits" connect. The next stage, known as Coffin Construction (Koffinn Kouchiku), is when Kid fabricates five small coffins that are in the shape of cannons, which subsequently proceed to float in a symmetrical formation behind him. These coffins have triggers attached to them that look like Death's mask. Connecting the second Line of Sanzu, the next stage is known as Commencing Rotation (Kaiten Kaishi) in which Death the Kid apparently makes the air in the immediate vicinity spin into a tornado, through the use of his Lines of Sanzu. The final stage, known as Coffin Release (Koffinn Kaihou), then has Kid point his weapons upward and release the coffin's covering, spreading ,multiple, powerful rays of light capable of killing the Horror Dragonand Noah (Greed), decimating the former's body.
- Sanzu Death Cannon: While within a near-death state in which he uses power from his father, Death, Kid can access his most powerful weapon transformation. After establishing a temporary three Lines of Sanzu connection, he can create a large, golden cannon in which raises the Soul Resonance rate at 2000%, far higher then any of his previous transformations. The cannon fire shoots out a green and red-colored stream in which mixes together to create a larger stream. This stream was capable of injuring Asura, knocking the latter's state from his giant form to his normal, humane form.
- Death the Kid's missions prior to joining the DWMA involved him investigating Witch-related incidents in the place of his father.
- His name is a reference to "Billy the Kid", a gunfighter of the old west.
- His theme songs are "So crazy" and "Bang!Bang!Bang!Bang! Have a Nice Dream." His character song with Liz and Patty is "Sore ga Bokura no Michishirube".
- In both official popularity polls, Kid was voted the most popular character.
- He has a blood type-D.
- According to a data sheet, Death the Kid is 4' 9" during the NOT! Timeline.