Chitoge Kirisaki is the main female protagonist of the Nisekoi anime and manga.
Chitoge is the heir of the Beehive gang and Raku's fake girlfriend. Because life just works that way, she actually develops real feelings for him. Unfortunately, she's a massive Tsundere who has to keep up the charade and is unwilling to reveal these feelings.
In the XP4 fics, Chitoge is part of the Heroes Coalition as a trainee. She also attends the Vanguard Academy as a student.
Chitoge is considered to be the most beautiful girl in the series due to her stunning features and thighs. She has waist-length blond hair with pink tips at the end of her hair, strikingly aqua-blue eyes, and fair skin with a pale complexion. Coupled with her height - tall by most standards - and her voluptuous body figure, many people associate her with a supermodel. Her most notable feature is the red ribbon that she always uses to tie her hair, given by her mother. This is from when she was quite young, but she still prefers to wear this specific one though her mother has offered to buy her many more. In the manga, it was noted that her ribbon looked like the one the girl on Kosaki's picture book had.
She is mostly seen wearing her school uniform which is a half-sleeved white shirt with a blue sailor-style collar attached at the lower part of her neck and it connects a thin orange tie that is laced through a loop at the end of the shirt, making a little part of the tie to reach the skirt. The skirt reaches around the upper thighs and is a blue fabric, that is accompanied by thigh-length black socks and brown slip-on shoes. The same uniform style is applied in winter but instead of wearing half-sleeves, Chitoge would wear long sleeves.
When swimming or going to the beach, Chitoge has her hair in pigtails or ponytail and usually wears one of her bikinis. For a swim meet, Chitoge wore the school's navy blue swimsuit.
Outside of school, Chitoge usually wears blouses, skirts, dresses, small heels, and occasionally, pants. During special events like her birthday party, Chitoge will generally wear an elegant dress with jewellery and her hair done.
Chitoge is somewhat forgetful, stern and bold. However, once someone gets to know her better, she becomes very talkative and nice. Similar to Raku Ichijō, Chitoge is the type to go out of her way to help someone. For example, when Raku lost his pendant once again from the chain being broken, Chitoge had secretly gotten the Beehive gang to help fix it for him and gave it back later that night.
Chitoge is somewhat oblivious when it comes to love and others' love interests, for example, how she didn't know what Seishirō Tsugumi’s "symptoms" were, which were actually love. She is also very athletic as she can easily jump over the school's walls and swim the length of the school pool in a couple of seconds.
Ever since she was a child she has had a hard time making friends as they disliked her. As a result, she had a cold demeanour toward people at the start of the series due to her relationship with her family. This led her to create notebooks filled with information on classmates in an attempt to make friends. .
In Chapter 106, when Chitoge had lost her ribbon, she becomes very emotional and sad, wanting to find the ribbon very badly. Unlike her usual self, when Marika insulted her for caring so much about a ribbon, she cried innocently, scaring the girl into speaking in her accent and helping in finding the ribbon. Raku also noted that she felt more womanly as Chitoge was meek and quite happy when he tried to buy a replacement ribbon for her and when she hugged him for finding her actual ribbon, but prefers her usual self better. It should be noted that she treasured the ribbon for two key reasons: because her mother gave it to her, and secondly because Raku told her when they were young that it would look good on her.
- Extreme Durability: She has received punches from Raku that, literally, sent her at least 50 feet up in the air, and after landing from the punch, she is still able to walk it off but cannot hide that her bones were sore once landed on impact.
- Cooking skills: Throughout the series, Chitoge is shown to cook things that are either awful in appearance, taste, or outright inedible. One particular highlight is in chapter 116, in which she attempts to outclass Marika by beating her cooking but ends up with too many failures.
Chitoge is a Blessed with an unspecified Gift.
- According to Hana, Chitoge started wearing her ribbon because Raku said that it would look good on her.
- In the Nisekoi one-shot (original concept for the series), Chitoge's signature ribbon does not take the form of bunny ears. Instead, it is a more subtle accessory, simply tying together two buns on either side of her head. Furthermore, it is noted that her reason for becoming an excellent student (who, in the concept, is shown to score additional extra credit on top of flawless scores) is to spite Raku, who hated her since the events of ten years ago. Chitoge in the final manga is still an excellent student but only because she has had education in the US.
- In Chapter 220, it is revealed that she is the one who gave Kosaki the book, as a sign of their friendship.
- Chitoge has been one of the possible promise girls that could possibly open Raku's lock and marry him. This statement was finally disproven.
- She is one the most popular girls in series, either between Marika or herself, shown in Japanese polls.