Chihiro Fujisaki is a character from the Danganronpa anime and video game.
A teen genius currently developing top-secret AI programs for an unnamed company. Chihiro is the smallest of all the students, and ashamed of being seen as weak. While the other characters initially assume that Chihiro is female due to "her" shy demeanor and manner of dress, it is later revealed that he is actually a boy who crossdresses to disguise his frail stature, having been ruthlessly bullied for his unmanly physique. He is the victim of chapter 2, bludgeoned to death with a dumbbell by Mondo after inadvertently pressing his anger. He leaves behind a self-aware computer program called "Alter Ego" on a hidden laptop, which helps the other students.
In the XP4 fics, Chihiro debuted in the XP4 Heroes Coalition - Mission Chronicles.
Chihiro appears to be young high school-aged teenager, but due to the memory loss he is two years older than he believed. He has a small, lithe stature and doll-like appearance with short, light brown, layered hair and hazel-colored eyes. He wears a girls' winter school uniform set, featuring a long-sleeved dark green jacket, a white shirt with a large Peter Pan collar secured with a thin dark ribbon, suspenders, a box-pleated brown mid-thigh length brown skirt, knee-high black socks, and white, ribboned mary janes. The logo of his Former High School, St. Elbandia Academy, is featured on his buttons and the sides of his socks.
Chihiro is very intelligent, but he also has a very meek and timid personality. He is very shy and apologizes a lot - it's easy to intimidate him to the point of tears. However, he also loves to talk about anything related to his work as a programmer and he becomes more lively whenever the topic is brought up.
Chihiro is one of the kindest and softest characters in Danganronpa, as he literally wouldn't hurt a mosquito because it's "hungry and might have a family". After Leon Kuwata's execution, he felt guilt-ridden, even though it wasn't his fault. When he was attempting to reason with Byakuya Togami in Chapter 2, he revealed a deep disdain for disputes occurring between friends.
Unfortunately, Chihiro also had a deep-rooted complex over being looked down on by others as being "weak". This happened as a result of memories and experiences from his childhood where he was frequently bullied and told to act tougher due to him being rather frail for a boy. To make the bullying stop, he started disguising himself as a girl to avoid the pressure of having to become stronger. However, this only made his insecurities even worse. Though he tried to hide it, he gets uncomfortable when others treated him as a girl, and he would rather spend time with other boys instead of girls. He greatly admired men who are physically strong and he wished he could be like them, turning down the suggestion of Sakura Ogami training him in the school mode since as a boy he specifically wished to have a strong boy as his role model. In the official artbook, it's also mentioned that he wishes to be strong so that he can protect others.
When Monokuma threatened to reveal everyone's secrets, including Chihiro's real gender, Kiyotaka Ishimaru came up with the idea that everyone should share the secret right away. Naturally, most of them declined the request. However, Chihiro was one of the very few who planned to reveal his secret out of his own will. Instead of falling into despair, he became very determined to overcome his weakness and planned to become stronger so he could be his true self. Sadly, he didn't realize that he was already showing a significant amount of strength, due to his determination and will to confront his own core insecurities.
In school mode, Chihiro states that he enjoys reading and baking, but is afraid of earthquakes, big crowds and singing in front of other people. He really likes rabbits and hamsters and would like to have a one as a pet.
Chihiro is a member of the Heroes Coalitions as a staff member. He also attends at Vanguard Academy as a student.
XP4 Heroes Coalition - Mission Chronicles
In Chapter 1, Chihiro, alongside Jeremie Belpois, are seen inside the Control Room when Yuuji Kitao joined them. After monitoring the heroes tasked to eliminate the invaders in an amusement park at West Coast Pop, they are joined by Terrence Ohno and declared the heroes' mission close to success.
XP4 Heroes Coalition - Neo-City Diaries
In Chapter 22, Chihiro, alongside Anna Maymorie, Jeremie Belpois, Terrence Ohno and Emiri Yamanaka, are seen working on their desks in the staff room somewhere in the Training Camp when they heard a buzzing noise. They then turn to see Taco Talberts with a blender in hand while Dan Gotanda is seen standing behind him with a murderous expression.
When Chihiro was a child, he was too weak to play outside with his friends, causing him to begin playing on the computer to make the time pass. His father, Taichi Fujisaki, was a software engineer that developed many major computer programs, and one day, Chihiro found an incomplete information retrieval system on his father's computer that utilized voice input. This led to him creating his own modifications to it, and he soon realized that he could write programs by himself.
Chihiro's father praised him for his work and, as he finally found something he could take pride in, he became absorbed in programming. He really wanted to help and be useful, but he thought he was useless without a computer. Chihiro's outstanding programming skills would later serve him in contributing to the creation of the Neo World Program.
- Chihiro's introduction to Makoto at the beginning of Danganronpa has him ask if he and Makoto had met before. This is the first subtle hint of the students' memory loss at the hands of Ultimate Despair.
- Chihiro is the only character whose "memorial" portrait was changed for the animated adaptation of Danganronpa; instead of his default sprite, it shows an image of him facing the "camera" and smiling.
- Chihiro's former high school, St. Elbandia Academy, is a reference to another Spike Chunsoftgame, Elvandia Story.
- Chihiro subtly foreshadowed the existence of the Botanical Garden located in the fifth floor in one of his Free Time Events, mentioning that the mosquito that bit him must have somewhere to live. He then asked Makoto if it may be a way to get out of Hope's Peak Academy. The garden can be accessed in Chapter 5, much later after Chihiro's death.
- His English voice actress also voices Sayaka Maizono and Tsumugi Shirogane in Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony.
- His Japanese voice actor also voices Taichi Fujisaki, Chihiro's father.
- Because Alter Ego uses Chihiro as an avatar, Chihiro and Alter Ego share voice actors in both the Japanese (Kōki Miyata) and English (Dorothy Elias-Fahn) versions of the game.
- In the School Mode, he makes a reference to Usami and Four Dark Devas of Destruction, as he mentions wanting to have a hamster or a rabbit and wonders if there are any in the school. This appears to be further referenced in an official art.